McAfee Wanted For Murder in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, the two countries do not have extradition treaties, and really don't get along well at all. Guatemala would be very low on my to-see list (BBC News - Timeline: Guatemala), but the countries do business on the disputed border, much of for visa-runs. I suspect that Mcafee has done a few of those, which I've heard can be a real hassle or easy enough for the right bribes & fees. Much of the border if unmarked tho so if he sneaked across, Guatemala may want to just kick him out - as it seems currently. I guess there will be fines and/or bribes paid, and he probably still has enough money left to buy his way out of this there.

Today, he's reportedly hospitalized - originally reported as from heart attacks, but the news now is it was more of a case of stress & exhaustion. I doubt that he's slept well at all. He'd reportedly left a girlfriend in Mexico for security, but was pictured with one in his house arrest - except he has had several under contract at the same time.

My understanding is that it's perfectly legal for multi-millionaires to kill anyone who is annoying them. Why are they harassing him in Belize? He should be very comfortable in Miami, fit right in.

maybe his neighbor in Belize was writing computer viruses, and McAfee was taking his anti-virus software to the next level.

McAfee hasn't been charged for anything in Belize. AFAIK it isn't illegal to refuse to talk to the police. He did however enter Guatemala illegally and so they detained him. And ultimately, decided that the best thing to do was get rid of him as soon as possible to the US. Apparently that was the next flight out and that happened to be Miami, of all places.

Being an illegal immigrant in Guatemala, deporting him to his native country was a logical move - even tho there's a lot more to the story. Guatemala has no extradition treaty with Belize; indeed, they don't cooperate much at all.

He must be related to Charlie Sheen. Maybe he will go on a tour with Sheen, The Winning2 Tour 2013.

Latest words from McAfee is now it was all a publicity stunt from start to finish.

I predict within 4 months he will either have a reality show, or he will be dead, or maybe both. What a nut case.

I can't believe he left is 17 year old true love behind.

art-McAfee2-620x349.jpg

Mike, how about a reference for that "last word" to which you refer. TIA

Well, it seems that he is broke aside from some cash someone gave him tonight - what money he did have tied up in Belize. He admitted the heart attack was a fake to keep him in Guatemala, and who knows what else. He says he wants to bring his two GFs left in Guatemala to the US. All this can't be good for the computer security program he sold but still bears his name, but I never liked it anyway.

John McAfee Returns to US, Admits Playing 'Crazy Card' - ABC News

Back
Top Bottom