Mayair baggage procedures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richhagelin

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to take Mayair from Cancun to Cozumel for the first time. I will have one roller bag that I carry on 737s and similar planes. It will weigh about 30 pounds plus a backpack. Will this cause me any problems?

Rich Hagelin

I'm going to take Mayair from Cancun to Cozumel for the first time. I will have one roller bag that I carry on 737s and similar planes. It will weigh about 30 pounds plus a backpack. Will this cause me any problems?

Rich Hagelin

I think you will be fine if the backpack will fit under the seat of an airliner. You will probably check the roller bag and carry on the backpack.

MAYAir: Flights from Cancún to Cozumel, Villahermosa, M?...

Anything you can't carry in your lap is going to get checked. Baggage is aggregate at 44# per person. So if there are two of you, you pile all the bags together and keep it under 88#. My backpack is all I carry on. There is no storage in the plane really.

So you should be fine.

Just find a lomas guy outside. White pants turquoise shirts. If there isnt a van, they will call one for you. Free and easy.

When we flew MAYAir (2015) we couldn't find any Lomas guys at Terminal 1 or 2. We took the airport shuttle to Terminal 3 and they were abundant.

I suggest finding the Lomas phone number and putting in your cell phone, just in case.

We were using terminal 2 until 4 opened. There has always been a guy there. We even grabbed one to get back to coz when our flight got cancelled. Probably could call Mayair too and have them send someone.

When we flew MAYAir (2015) we couldn't find any Lomas guys at Terminal 1 or 2. We took the airport shuttle to Terminal 3 and they were abundant.

I suggest finding the Lomas phone number and putting in your cell phone, just in case.

The Lomas guys are always around someplace. They might be at a counter inside. If I can't find them, I ask one of the zillion other transportation guys milling around outside and they point them out. Then I wonder why I couldn't see them. Phone number's not a bad idea, though.

You'd think turquoise shirts and white pants would be easy to spot :wink: In any case, once we found them they immediately called the shuttle and we were off to the FBO terminal very quickly. Lomas was extremely helpful when we booked our return flight.

cvchief would a smaller backpack, (12 lbs. of stuff), & laptop need to be checked? I bring one suitcase that is 48-49 pounds. I've always wanted to use Mayair, but afraid the costs for my "Dandy Don" suitcase would cost me a lot.

Back
Top Bottom