May 7 and 8 CSSP Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL "Perchana", now that's just funny, I don't care who you are..... I wear a beanie year most of the time and hood when it gets really cold. It never fails I get two or three people ask me where I got my beanie when I get out of the water after my first dive. Beanies look stupid going in but they look really cool when you are coming back up that hill.

Foo:
Hey Spamsonite! Where are our pics? I wanna see the one I took of you, it looked really good on that teeny weeny screen on the back of the camera...

Foo
I know that I promised them to ya, and I haven't forgotten! They're still in the camera, waiting for me to have enough free time to retrieve and edit them. I *promise* again that I'll post them so everyone can see your excellent camerawomanship. :0)

Firegoddess:
It's a good thing, 'cuz I'm not letting you go anywhere anytime soon...

Lukie, better get the ring out soon, based on the virtual slaps you have been taking on this string this ones a real keeper. Underwater wedding?

Debraw:
LOL "Perchana", now that's just funny, I don't care who you are..... I wear a beanie year most of the time and hood when it gets really cold. It never fails I get two or three people ask me where I got my beanie when I get out of the water after my first dive. Beanies look stupid going in but they look really cool when you are coming back up that hill.

I don't care what they look like. It's kind of hard to look sexy with a reg hanging out of your mouth anyway. It's just the principle of the thing...he's getting way too bossy lately. :wink:

Foo we got another one for "OUR" side I think!!!

Firegoddess WELCOME and stick to your guns girl!!

The main reason that I love my beanie is that it keeps my hair out of my face and helps keep my mask sealed. My hair is too long to stay away from my face and too short to pull back in a ponytail. Sigh.

And then there's that ear preservation thing. ;o)

Foo

tx.lakerats:
Foo we got another one for "OUR" side I think!!!

Firegoddess WELCOME and stick to your guns girl!!

What the man has neglected to mention is that I told him I would bring the beanie with me. I said I would tuck it into my bcd pocket in case I needed it. HOWEVER, he still doesn't need to go gettin' too bossy... :wink:

Just finished my first dive at CSSP. I didn't wear my hood on the second dive and my ear still hurts from the attack. I didn't lose anything, but they will draw blood.

It is a good idea to stuff it in your BC pocket, I was wishing I did after my first encounter with the "Perchana". :wink: My buddy had to figure out the new signal I was using as I cupped my hands over my ears for the next 5 minutes and started swiming away from the area.

It is kind of the old bear story, you don't have to outswim the perch, you just have to be able to swim faster then your buddy. :D

I need to buy some of those individual bags of chips and deploy them like Chaff as I leave the area. :D

Michael Freeman:
Just finished my first dive at CSSP. I didn't wear my hood on the second dive and my ear still hurts from the attack. I didn't lose anything, but they will draw blood.

How was the water? Are the temps that bad?

Bruce

I've been diving Travis and PK, so the temps were much better at CSSP. Looks like 61 below the thermocline and mid 60's-70 above it.

I swam up close to the aircraft sim and then swam down to the cabin cruiser and back and only went below the thermocline some between the cabin cruiser and the coffin.

Water was super clear easily 25+ ft vis. I could look up from about 25 ft and see the waves on the surface. I've never seen that good of visability in a Tx lake/pond.

Back
Top Bottom