May 1-2 Weekend: Official Roster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As everyone mentioned, the ride to the reef was rough although it was worth it. On the first dive, Chris and I buddied with Grier, a great buddy that is also a scorpion fish magnet! In addition, we saw tons of yellow tailed snapper, beautiful juvenile stop light parot fish and some four eyed butterfly fish. Here's some pictures. I love diving with you guys. I'm not sure I'll go back out with that boat. Thanks again to Rick and Angie for getting everyone together!

XXXXXOOOOO

Grier, you should use that pic of you from the second set of pics as your avatar!

Good job!...but they are very small....

I do not post a lot but Don makes up for what I don't post. I also enjoyed meeting everyone. You all seam like a fun group. Maybe next time we will go diving. Pat

Jenny- They are small, I will try to re-post them. The first ones I tried to post were too big, now too small, maybe someday I'll figure out what I'm doing :)

GrierHPharmD:
And no report of this trip would be complete without mentioning ScubaGuy, who, after organizing this event, couldn't dive due to a non-diving injury. Hope you heal soon, my friend, so that we can get underwater together. And his devoted wife, ScbaBabe, either wanted to show moral support or was smarter than the rest of us given the sea conditions and sat out with him. Had a great dinner at Hobos with them afterward, though.

Thanks Grier, I am glad that everyone considering the conditions out, did make the most of it. I do give great credit to Scubaguy62. We were at the hospital until 1:30am that same morning getting him stitched up after his finger was severly injured. It would'nt have even crossed his mind to call the dive off even then. If he had 3 hours of sleep it was a lot. We still loaded up our scuba gear because he was trully considering going diving, even against Dr.s' orders (I couldn't have that!), but he really felt responsible after all that planning to not at the least meet up with everyone. We got there at 7:45am met Oliver (it was very nice meeting you!). Shortly thereafter Grier, Jenny, Marvel, Andy,Pat, Capt.Hook, Jo-Diver, Chris & Rebbecca arrived. It was then that Capt. Brian mentioned that conditions would be quite rough, and that it would be best if we did not go out, something that I have never heard him say before in the 2 yrs that we have known him!!. We had such a good time sharing laughs and stories with everyone.. especially you Grier!!(with your orange sausage!!! LOL... ) H2, you are great!! and Marvel you are sweet, Chris & Rebbecca thanks for the pictures it was good seeing you again. Jenny- what can I say, you're always in good spirits and a great sport! Jo-Diver is quite the gentleman, Don & Pat you are correct discretion is the greater part in valor. We must do this again!!! :dazzler1:

hey everybody, i had such a blast! i got sick as a dog, but still loved meeting you all. what a great bunch of people!

also, thank you so much, rick and angie for putting thistogether AND for checking up on me on the drive home! you guys are awesome.

there was so much backscatter that i ended up shooting almost all my pics without flash, but here are a few from my dive with Jenny:

1. Jenny, Jenny, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

2. Yellowtail looking South West

3. Pull out your magnifying glasses... them there's two four-eye butterflyfish

4. Gray Angel

5. Mr. Barracuda, hiding in the wreck

Need I say anything more about the boat ride?

yeah... when dive buddies piss me off for molesting marine life, i turn into...

the INCREDIBLE HULK!! (alas, the process exhausts me and i have to rest a little before whooping butt).

here's evidence of the crime:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom