May 1-2 Weekend: Official Roster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe diver1:
Yes I'm stll on for sat.,anyone know were we are going. My girl friend is a nondiver and I was wondering if anyone knows of anything to do in the area while we are out!!
I can't wait to meet all of you.

Joe,

There are a few places along overseas highway where she can do a little shopping. There are also quite a bit of restaurants nearby, and there is the Tiki Bar, at the tail end of Tavernier, about 30 min drive (considering traffic) south of the dock. She might just be able to ride along on the boat and perhaps do a little snorkeling.

I'm up for both morning and afternoon on Sunday as long as we either keep them 1 tank dives or if somebody knows where I can get the tanks filled close by on a Sunday.

ok, at about 5:30 p.m. tonight i am heading out the door,
down I-95, and driving down to Florida City. Will see you
all at 8:00 at the dock.

if this shindig gets cancelled for some reason, someone do
call me at 904-382-9979 (my cell phone).

here's the latest forecast; looks good:

Tonight Through Saturday Night

East winds near 20 knots. Seas beyond the reef 4 to 7 feet...except higher in the Gulf Stream. Seas inside the reef 2 to 3 feet. Nearshore waters rough. Isolated showers.

assuming all goes well, see you all in the morning!

bring your seasickness pills! Hopefully it won't be that rough :sick:
Oh, I got a PM from snuggle. Seems he got stopped at the border...imagine that, they won't let a Canadian come to Florida!

Scuba_Jenny:
bring your seasickness pills! Hopefully it won't be that rough :sick:
Oh, I got a PM from snuggle. Seems he got stopped at the border...imagine that, they won't let a Canadian come to Florida!

Forecast still calls for 2 - 3 inside the reef, so it shouldn't be that rough. Stocked up on triptone already though.
Sorry to hear about snuggle. Is it safe to assume he won't be joining us???

I might be up for the Sunday afternoon dive, depending on when and where you guys are meeting.

-Klaus

Yes. It is safe to assume he will not be joining us...he said tho that he will join us some other time in the next year...

Scuba_Jenny:
Yes. It is safe to assume he will not be joining us...he said tho that he will join us some other time in the next year...

Does he need a lawyer??? How much time does he think he'll have to do?? LOL

Too bad about snuggle. I guess that means I won't be getting the Upper Canada Lager he was going to bring. :wink:

INS/Customs has been really anal the last while. We have very good friends who have a place down here who were also stopped twice now and can't come down. He's 50 and retired (sold his company and doesn't have to work) and they don't believe he can afford to spend 6 months a year in Florida.

Out of control

Marc

Scuba_Jenny:

I wondered why he didn't call- he was supposed to be stasying a few blocks from em & we were going to meet up & dive.....I hope all turns out well for him. (sigh) dised yet again :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom