maximus Ok to use with 40%EANx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WarmWaterDiver:
I think Scuba-J has a point here. Our 1999 models show Buna-N in the 'stock' first stage parts list - so I imagine an older model likely has similar components, and I doubt it has Christolube - it certainly wouldn't hurt anything for it to have a good cleaning, current Sherwood EAN compatible elastomers, and Christolube installed when you have it serviced.

Let us know what your service tech has to say after you take it in.

Page 5 in the SRB3600 parts manual states enriched air conversion kit is: 4000-4N as stated before. I posted the link to the manuals above. Caveman have your tech confirm the 4000-4N kit as well as christolube so it's up to Nitrox specs...

Im taking it tomaroo since im going to my dry cet class.
and My buddy told me that he bought it 1-2 years ago but maybe he bought it used and didnt tell me. but its only going to be used up here and its for my wife so it will only get used 1-3 times a year.

Chris - the regulator will be fine for your purposes. If you're taking it in to Scuba Emporium, let Bob know that you just bought it and ask him to look it over closely and give you a report on it's general condition. This regulator will be fine for recreational nitrox (up to 40%) as is and shouldn't need a major overhaul if it has been well taken care of - Bob will know.

If you make the bridge to technical diving someday, this regulator might not be the best answer, but it's very definitely good enough for right now and you can't beat the price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom