maximus Ok to use with 40%EANx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain CaveMan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just got a set of regs from my budy that doesnt dive anymore. he bought a sherwood
maximus about 1 year ago and had it serviced less than a year. my question is.

Can i use this reg and gauges for cold water diving and i want to use it to run my doubles when the time comes. also im nitrox cert so can you use this reg setup to 40%EANx with out it being damaged

I also got a Genusis BCD. both in realy good shape. I put air in the bcd 2 months ago and it still had it full when i picked it up today.

only 75$ for them all.
for 20 $ i can get a set of jet fins
sherwood mask

The Maximus is Nitrox compatible, and it's a good cold-water reg -- popular in my area. (For cold water you detune it, with the little twist handle on one side)

You may want to check whether it has Christolube or silicon in the first stage, especially since it's pre-owned. The Maximus rigs we purchased in 1999, SRB5600, we were advised by our tech instructor they would need to have the silicone fill replaced by Christolube for use with O2 mixtures > 23% O2, but I don't see this in the owners' manual we have. The manual does have some verbiage about important use of the second stage adjustment knob being particularly important when using pressures of 3500 PSI, or with oxygen enriched breathing mixtures.

im taking it up to get serviced tomarro. 50$+parts its the best deal i could find+ its the shop that last seriviced it too. and the same guy.
so he should now the service record buy the modle #

Any and most regs should be ok for rec nitrox mixes of up to 40%. Some will claim that their regs are not compatible at all due to legal issues (like Mares) but in reality all of them should be ok.

Either way, it won't hurt to overhaul the older reg and even give it a good ultrasonic bath and some new o-rings....it can only help.

Tamas:
Any and most regs should be ok for rec nitrox mixes of up to 40%. Some will claim that their regs are not compatible at all due to legal issues (like Mares) but in reality all of them should be ok.

Either way, it won't hurt to overhaul the older reg and even give it a good ultrasonic bath and some new o-rings....it can only help.

thats what im going to do. there going to be the wifes. im going to take them to mexico in jan with use so i dont have to worry about he rental gear.

This is out of Sherwood SCUBA Regulators : Maximus pg 1 1.0 Intoduction

NOTE: Oxygen Enriched Air conversion kits are available for all current Sherwood regulators and valves.The part number for the model coverd in this manual is 4000-4N.These kits are to be installed into properly cleaned and prepared regulators only by technicians trained by one of the major oxygen enriched air training agencies.

pg. 3 2.0 specifications RECOMMENDED LUBRICANT Christo-lube MCG111

Captain CaveMan:

Love those picutures....you have the table in focus and the reg blurry on every one of them. :05:

It's not a Maximus. I'm not sure what it is but I'm sure it's not a Maximus. I *think* it might be a Brut.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom