Maui Ohana.... Please Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottitheduck

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Aloha Everyone....

Just trying to get a feel for what operation might be best over in Maui to contact for a long 3 day weekend of diving. I have had a few members of my dive club interested in getting a trip together. Ideally I would like to know a few things...

1) Best boat to book for 6-10 persons. We are all plenty Advanced Certified and above....

2) How about 3 tankers.... common over there?

3) Finally do any of the ops do group rates? Anyone know specific people I should talk to regarding group rates/kamaaina?

Thanks in advance....

G

For that many people you could most likely charter a boat all to yourselves - I'd give B&B Scuba a call and talk with Brad or Blesi about setting something up - they are pretty flexible and if you have the boat to yourselves I wouldnt' be surprised if 3 tank days would be possible.

Another option is to do some boat diving in the morning and then do some shore diving after lunch - Maui has lots of shore diving that is very easy entry with lots to see.

Others could help you as well I'm sure, I've just had very good times with them, and the atmosphere they have on their boats.

Have a great trip over there :)

Aloha, Tim

You might check with Ed Robinson's in Kihei also. They do a 3-tank "Adventure" dive on Fridays and Sundays which they require everyone to be advanced or above. It's $169 and it appears you get 10% off for booking 3 or more days. They're out of the boat ramp in Kihei so you'd want to stay down there otherwise it's a long drive from Lahaina/Kaanapali. (45mins-hr. depending on where you stay) The boats leave early to beat the tradewinds coming back.

details: http://www.mauiscuba.com/info_down/erda_prices.pdf

My buddy did the 3-tank with Ed, first they went deep to Shark condos off Molokini then another site with a lot of turtles. then later a dusk dive and the Manta's came by to play. I've heard the Molokini Backside is also more advanced diving. Personally I liked some of the diving off Lanai better, Shark Fin was a good deeper dive out around the pinnacle. Lots of schools of Moorish Idols and other fish.

And there's Cathedrals I&II in the same area, although they're not what I'd call advanced diving - just interesting.

Another option would be Mike Severns - also in that area. They used to be the first boat out also, leaving at 6AM when possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom