Maui Monthly - October 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dodge them? I thought you were coming here to see some... :wink:

Actually I've only seen the one in our aquarium ... in the wild I've only seen reef sharks - maybe one day :)

Aloha, Tim

P.S. Don't worry - our Tiger sharks only get to about 18 or 20 ft. long :wink:

kidspot:
Dodge them? I thought you were coming here to see some... :wink:

Actually I've only seen the one in our aquarium ... in the wild I've only seen reef sharks - maybe one day :)

Aloha, Tim

P.S. Don't worry - our Tiger sharks only get to about 18 or 20 ft. long :wink:

20ft??? Those are guppies at best.:wink:

kidspot:
Directions can be found on page 62 of "The Divers' Guide to Maui" I had forgotten about all those great sites listed in the Maui dive guide - we may have to try some of the others from there as well :D
Aloha, Tim

OH YEA! I'd forgotten I had one of those! Either old timer's disease or CRS syndrome (Can't Remember *hit)

Looks like you can dive either side of the bay - but the right side (p62) has a much safer entry (boat ramp - waddya want?). Somewhat of a surface swim from the boat ramp though. Wait - I'll have the yak! Maybe I could tow folks out for a buck a head :D

I spoke with Tim Doherty (the fellow mentioned on Mark's earlier post) about it tonight.

It sounds like a great dive, but there's a ~1/4 mile surface swim before you're out past the "chocolate milk".

If it's the big bay with a boat dock then I know I'm not talking about Kahalui but. Where are we going to meet there?

Should be easy enough to just meet at the boat ramp - though all you Kihei people may just want to carpool - I figure Adobo and I can carpool from Lahaina ...

No ... not the ... YAK!!!!! ok it's a pretty nice yak, and at least it isn't a gnu ... But only $1/head? charge $2 so you can at least get lunch afterwards at McDonalds :)

Aloha, Tim

P.S. Hey Al, Nice seeing you regularly around here again ... just wasn't the same without ya' ... not nearly enough sarcasm :wink:

kidspot:
P.S. Hey Al, Nice seeing you regularly around here again ... just wasn't the same without ya' ... not nearly enough sarcasm :wink:

I'm pretty much avoiding the rest of the forum as a couple of idiots seem to be allowed free reign while those who complain get their own brand of sarcasm.

But I do warn my students about the weath of bad information you can get here.

Sarcastic enough Tim??? :)

oooooh - dripping with sarcasm there ... I think that was a good sized dose - I may just have to play it straight today and avoid sarcasm ... ok that was long enough :wink:

Cya soon

I've done that surface swim, maybe I'll just rent a 120 from Brad and log a couple of hours below instead???? :wink:

So what time are we meeting?

Alternative site in case it's blown out over there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom