Maui Monthly - October 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is no cost... just BYOP (pumpkin).

Many prizes... but if you're not carving, I'm sure you could have lots of fun taking pictures, too! :)

see now if they would just schedule the pumpkin carving at night, then I'd have an excuse to ask off at work ... I REALLY hate working halloween night ... working security Halloween night in Lahaina is a nightmare - dealing with people who pass out halfway up staircases to their rooms, not remembering what hotel they are staying at, trying to get into the wrong rooms, etc, etc, etc,... :( at least we get holiday pay for it ... but I think they should change it to hazard pay ...

Kris - Lahaina has the largest Halloween party in the world, nicknamed the "Mardis gras of the pacific" ... Personally it just means lots of people, traffic and trouble (they often bring extra police in from Oahu to help with crowd control) ... yeah - I'm rather cynical of that night :wink:

- Tim

Well, sorry to disappoint -- the UWPCC is on Saturday the 28th... so it's even a few days before the big event in Lahaina.

I might have to go check it out -- any recommendations on where to park to avoid "issues" with one's vehicle?

KrisB:
Well, sorry to disappoint -- the UWPCC is on Saturday the 28th... so it's even a few days before the big event in Lahaina.

I might have to go check it out -- any recommendations on where to park to avoid "issues" with one's vehicle?

yeah - Kihei :wink:

sry... I really do try to avoid Lahaina around the 31'st ... sometimes I just stay with friends on the other side :(

duh .. ok ... I'll take "dense" this time 'round :wink:

back OT - The surf is rising, however it looks like the Paia area of Maui is going to be in the under 4ft outlook - any predictions from folks more well versed in interpreting this "stuff" than I?

Tim: it looks like the conditions will be good -- you can see "bad" conditions if you fast forward on the StormSurf site until next wednesday -- it looks like there's going to be a nasty northeasterly swell coming in... the South Maui sites should still be good then, though. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom