Maui County Delivers Final Blow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whatever, if you think of a reason why we stay away from groups of divers, maybe you will get it.

When you do a 2 hour dive on Ulua reef and there are training dives coming in, its hard not to run into other divers.

I was gone for a little while and have some catching up to do. Since my last post someone mentioned something about donning a drysuit to see some historical wrecks. Well, you can keep your drysuit....using a mear 3/2 jumpsuit, I dove the USS Saratoga, USS Apagon (sub), HJMS Nagato and many other historical WWII shipwrecks at Bikini Atoll. If you've never been there, you never will since the dive op was shut down recently :(. Bummer for you dude! Judging from your posts and responses, you seem to think that you're Master Scuba Diver of the Universe. Get over yourself cuz.

Back to CORA; I think all I can do is continue to dive, teach for free and convince as many people as possible to vote for a new mayor. What else is there?

This just in from Jeff Strahn, Maui Dive Shop:

Dear HIRSA Members,

The County has passed the new Administrative Rules and they go into
effect on September 1, 2009. They are also trying to change the
ordinance to completely eliminate the transfer of permits. Please read
the attached document and attend the County Council Meeting on Thursday
September 3rd at 1:30 pm. It is on the 8th floor of the County
Building. Please be there...it is important.

See you there,

Jeff Strahn

I am somewhat confused as to the issue of transferring permits. Can they be issued to a corporation? If so, corporations can be sold easily without it changing the entity itself. So if a permit can be issued to a corp, that would seem to be the way to do it. Anyone can incorporate. Why not just issue permits to a corp?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom