Master Scuba Diver Requirements?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1KWIK_69

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I've looked all over the Padi web site and can't find the answer to this. I know there are five specialties requires for Master Scuba Diver. I'm told that deep and underwater nav are requirements and the rest are electives. My question is, how many dives of each specialty are required?

I've heard 4 total deep and underwater nav dives are required to complete those specialties. How many peak performance bouyancy, night, multilevel and computer, boat or wreck dives are required? I have some training dives completed with instuctors in all of these, but I'm wanting to know how many more of each of these I would need?

Thanks!

Requirement for PADI master Scuba diver is pretty much a check book and full bank account...

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Advanced OW, Rescue, 5 specialties (does not need to be deep or nav, almost all specialties count)...

Requirement for PADI master Scuba diver is pretty much a check book and full bank account...

Good one. :D
I've been diving for 21 years so at least I didn't empty out the bank account all at once getting this far. :wink:

If the info I've been able to piece together is correct, I'm only short 9 total dives with instructor from completing it. One night, one peak, one multilevel, three deep, and three nav.

I'd just like to get this confirmed. You would really think it would be listed on the Padi site? :shakehead:

Good one. :D
I've been diving for 21 years so at least I didn't empty out the bank account all at once getting this far. :wink:

If the info I've been able to piece together is correct, I'm only short 9 total dives with instructor from completing it. One night, one peak, one multilevel, three deep, and three nav.

I'd just like to get this confirmed. You would really think it would be listed on the Padi site? :shakehead:

I think if you've been diving for 21 years, they should just grandfather you in and hand over the card :D

Advanced OW, Rescue, 5 specialties (does not need to be deep or nav, almost all specialties count)...

I know all of this. My question is on the 5 specialties. How many instructor lead dives of each are reuired to complete the specialty?

I know all of this. My question is on the 5 specialties. How many instructor lead dives of each are reuired to complete the specialty?

It really depends on the "Specialty". Enriched Air Diver Specialty doesn't require any dives, whereas Dry Suit Diver requires two. Deep Diver requires four (three if you already have done Advanced). It all depends on the Specialty.

It really depends on the "Specialty". Enriched Air Diver Specialty doesn't require any dives, whereas Dry Suit Diver requires two. Deep Diver requires four (three if you already have done Advanced). It all depends on the Specialty.

Thanks!
I've been done with Advanced for years. You've confirmed the 4 for deep, of which I still need three. Do you know how many are required for nav, PPB, multilevel, night, and wreck? I'm trying to decide which I'm wanting to do to complete Master and knowing how many of each I need will help with that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom