Master Scuba Diver Requirements?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks!
I've been done with Advanced for years. You've confirmed the 4 for deep, of which I still need three. Do you know how many are required for nav, PPB, multilevel, night, and wreck? I'm trying to decide which I'm wanting to do to complete Master and knowing how many of each I need will help with that.

Why do you want to get your Master Diver card?

If you have 200-499 dives you meet the 50 dive requirement. You also need to do Rescue and four other specialties. I am not sure how relevant the number of dives in each are, given that you have already met the dive requirement? You do not need to do the 50 dives with an instructor.

Navigation Specialty: 3 dives; PPB: 2 dives; Night: 3 dives; wreck: 4 dives; Multilevel: 2 dives. As stated, Rescue is also a requirement which requires EFR or cert from AHA, Red Cross etc., in basic first aid and CPR, within the last 24 months.

Why do you want to get your Master Diver card?

If you have 200-499 dives you meet the 50 dive requirement. You also need to do Rescue and four other specialties. I am not sure how relevant the number of dives in each are, given that you have already met the dive requirement? You do not need to do the 50 dives with an instructor.

Because it's next on the list. Ok, here's where I am. I have my Advanced, Rescue, Emergency First Responder and way over the 50 dives required. All I need is to complete the five specialties with an instructor. Of them, so far I have one Deep, one Peak Performance Bouyancy, two Night, one Wreck, one Underwater Nav, one Search and Recovery, and one Multilevel specialty.

This is getting way too complicated. All I'm asking is how many total dives are required with an instructor for each of the specialties I have listed to finish this thing up?

Navigation Specialty: 3 dives; PPB: 2 dives; Night: 3 dives; wreck: 4 dives; Multilevel: 2 dives. As stated, Rescue is also a requirement which requires EFR or cert from AHA, Red Cross etc., in basic first aid and CPR, within the last 24 months.

Thank you very much! That's what I've been asking for from the beginning! :wink:

So to finish I need 3 Deep, 2 Nav, 1 PPB, 1 night, and 1 Multilevel on top of everything else I've already completed. Whew.

Again, thanks for answering what I originally thought was a simple question. I do really appreciate it. :D

I did the MDS with the following: Total dives done to get the cert.: Deep:4, PPB:4,Night:3, Wreck:4, Nav:3,Nitrox-I needed 2, now none required. I'm not 100% sure about PPB-maybe was 3. Easiest way to see what you need for sure would be to ask the instructor.

Thank you very much! That's what I've been asking for from the beginning! :wink:

So to finish I need 3 Deep, 2 Nav, 1 PPB, 1 night, and 1 Multilevel on top of everything else I've already completed. Whew.

Again, thanks for answering what I originally thought was a simple question. I do really appreciate it. :D

Well you've made it quite confusing. For me at least :) I am not sure how the PADI system works but how can you have done the specialties already, but still require dives for them? You have said:

"one Deep, one Peak Performance Bouyancy, two Night, one Wreck, one Underwater Nav, one Search and Recovery, and one Multilevel specialty"

as what you have done. If you have done those specialties you do not need to do any more for Master Diver. If you have not done those specialties why have you stated you have done them but yet need more dives?

Because it's next on the list.

What is the list of?

Well you've made it quite confusing. For me at least :) I am not sure how the PADI system works but how can you have done the specialties already, but still require dives for them? You have said:

"one Deep, one Peak Performance Bouyancy, two Night, one Wreck, one Underwater Nav, one Search and Recovery, and one Multilevel specialty"

as what you have done. If you have done those specialties you do not need to do any more for Master Diver. If you have not done those specialties why have you stated you have done them but yet need more dives?

What is the list of?

You have multiple dives required to achieve each specialty. You only need one of each for Advanced, but 2 to 4 of each depending on the specialty for Master.

Uh, that would be the , Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Rescue, Master list.

Ok so your Advanced dives count towards specialities then? So does this mean you did eight AOW dives? I thought it was just five?

With your list I can see the others would help you with certain things (getting deeper dives on charters, learning rescue skills) but Master diver does none of that and does not require anything other than you paying for the card.

Ok so your Advanced dives count towards specialities then? So does this mean you did eight AOW dives? I thought it was just five?

With your list I can see the others would help you with certain things (getting deeper dives on charters, learning rescue skills) but Master diver does none of that and does not require anything other than you paying for the card.

Your advanced dives can count towards your specialty but this isn't automatic. It is up to the instructor you use for the specialty. If it is the same instructor that did your advanced then it should count but still is up to the instructor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom