Master Diver Cert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats! If it's the PADI card, those courses you took are great, but you can do better - go take the NAUI MD program if you can. It's a course that will really extend your abilities and make a dive master course a walk in the park. It's the one non-PADI course I recommend to all of my serious PADI diver friends. And for the record, the vast majority of my certs are through PADI.

Last edited:
One of the things our shop does is put the MSD certificates (of those willing to part with them) in frames and hang them high on the shop wall in a horizontal line. It was encouraging for me as a new diver to see this (expanding) row of certificates, and to meet many of the 'holders' over time at scuba club meetings, including shop instructional staff. And, now, it is a pleasure for me to see the names of divers that I have worked with, in OW, in AOW, in Rescue, on certificates hanging on the wall.

Why take the original? Just make color copies and display those on the shop wall. Most of my engineering documents copy just fine and look very much like the original. I frame the copies and store the originals to prevent them from being damaged. You could do the same and give the originals to the graduating student that way.

Last edited:
Congrats! If it's the PADI card, those courses you took are great, but you can do better - go take the NAUI MD program if you can. It's a course that will really extend your abilities and make a dive master course a walk in the park. It's the one PADI course I recommend to all of my serious PADI diver friends. And for the record, the vast majority of my certs are through PADI.

Did you mean to say "it's the one NAUI course you recommend to all of" your "serious PADI diver friends"?

Did you mean to say "it's the one NAUI course you recommend to all of" your "serious PADI diver friends"?

Actually I meant to say "it's the one NON PADI course I recommend to all of my serious PADI diver friends" But it has the same effect as your suggested wording. I've gone back and edited that post. It's a great way to further dive education, and get a perspective on other agencies and training methods, without having to go through the whole "go pro" bit.

Congrats. I am astonished we have gotten this far into the thread without an MSD troll turning up...

Well... I have been thought of as a troll from time to time myself on this board !!! LOL Well thanks for all the 'atta boys' Maybe I will 'go pro' At first my kids (25 and 30) kind of made fun of me when they saw some of the easier classes, e.g. Fish I.D., U/W Photog...but then when they started reading thru the Rescue Diver Book and the Drift Diver book and the Deep Diver book (you get the picture) they realized that not ALL of the speciality courses were fluff and ol dad did accomplish something PERSONAL. for me, it was just another goal/milestone. I think PADI's very clever in iniatiating these specialiies. It really does keep the sport alive. As an example, the Fish ID course was easy but I really did learn alot about the damm fishes! Anyways, thanks to those who gave me the accolades, it does feel good. Dive Safe!

Hey promocop,

Congratulations on your achievement, a milestone well worth celebrating. I'm also dazzled by the nonappearance of the MSD police here on SB, a welcome change.

Good diving, Craig

At my age (61), I'm probably too old to go 'pro', so I will continue to enjoy the sport of diving and take more courses that interest me. The only regret? I should have done it sooner! Take heed.!

The other option is to go the "tech" route. That's what I did. I got my OW at age 59, then did nitrox, AOW and Rescue and was planning to go DM. But after seeing many DMs in action, I decided that I didn't have the patience to deal with a bunch of rookie kids, most from my military background. But I wanted to keep learning. So I did Adv. Nitrox and Deco procedures (Deco I). Learned an awful lot about gas planning, emerg procedures, etc. No desire to go wreck or cave, but am much more comfortable now on deep dives (>100'). And I'm understand that going into deco isn't the end of the world. Look at agencies like IANTD.

BTW in my four years, I've got over 300 dives. so it has become a passion.

Also I am on my second UW camera rig and that is an adventure UW in itself. Get into photo if you aren't already doing so. Better yet, try UW video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom