Master Diver Cert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spare us the red speedo please! But congratulations on your achievement. I'm probably going to get it when I get there too as I'm always trying to learn and get better at everything I do and to me that's one of the great things it represents. Job well done!

Congrats!!!

NAH...I'm going all in...the 'tighty reddie' ones...only kidding. I do really use the TR red nylon briefs. They dont bunch up when I pull on the wetsuit. Seriously,, though, normal bathing suits DO bunch, so the nylon ones work best for me. Besides, that's how I keep my slim and trim diver profile!

Congratulations on your achievement and have fun out their.

At first my kids (25 and 30) kind of made fun of me when they saw some of the easier classes, e.g. Fish I.D., U/W Photog...but then when they started reading thru the Rescue Diver Book and the Drift Diver book and the Deep Diver book (you get the picture) they realized that not ALL of the speciality courses were fluff and ol dad did accomplish something PERSONAL. for me, it was just another goal/milestone.
My 25 y.o. son (who is a much better diver than I am) refers to 'badge collectors', based on his military experience, with the ROTC types, administrative types, etc flocking to Ft. Benning for jump school and jump qualification (he went 82nd Airborne and held many of those jump school classmates in disdain). But, MSD doesn't have to be about collecting certs, as you have demonstrated. It is a PERSONAL accomplishment, as you fully recognize. Hoo-ah!
divengolf:
The other option is to go the "tech" route. That's what I did. I got my OW at age 59, then did nitrox. ... Look at agencies like IANTD.
Or, look at the DSAT sequence, which can be very rewarding. Very good suggestion, irrespective of agency.

Well... I have been thought of as a troll from time to time myself on this board !!! LOL Well thanks for all the 'atta boys' Maybe I will 'go pro' At first my kids (25 and 30) kind of made fun of me when they saw some of the easier classes, e.g. Fish I.D., U/W Photog...but then when they started reading thru the Rescue Diver Book and the Drift Diver book and the Deep Diver book (you get the picture) they realized that not ALL of the speciality courses were fluff and ol dad did accomplish something PERSONAL. for me, it was just another goal/milestone. I think PADI's very clever in iniatiating these specialiies. It really does keep the sport alive. As an example, the Fish ID course was easy but I really did learn alot about the damm fishes! Anyways, thanks to those who gave me the accolades, it does feel good. Dive Safe!

No not a troll just a "contrarian" as I'm pretty sure that's how you've started the vast majority of your posts. . . :wink: Congrats on the MSD it takes a lot of gumption to make it that far, most don't even try. Keep diving, keep learning, and you may surprise yourself. I say go for the DM; it would be an excellent way to spread your love of diving to the next generation.

Definately congratulations on the achievement. Ive been on the board many times when people bash the cert but it is a personal achievement and a statement to dive shops and other divers that you do take diving serious!

Now I dont mind attending the after party but umm can we leave the speedos in the closet and dress with a little more attire :D

CONGRATS.....:cheers:

I also got my MSD rating while "signing up for DM class" and now as an instructor I also encourge my students to pursue it.

If you love diving and sharing then by all means go forth with DM class.:cool3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom