Masks for little people?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koozemani

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
With Christmas fast approaching, I have been looking for a new mask for my son. I found a good quality kids mask online, however upon receiving it, it looks to small. He will be getting jr ow cert in the coming months and he needs a new mask. I'll hold on to this one until Xmas when he can try it on, but I would like to have a backup plan ready in case my fears are realized.

Any suggestions on an adult mask that comes in smaller sizes that might fit a normal sized 10 yr old?

A couple of manufacturers (Scubapro and Mares come to mind) make masks for smaller faces. They aren't kid's masks, so they are bigger than what you tried. My wife is small and uses a Mares version. They call it a "mid" skirt. Not sure of Scubapro's nomenclature.

My 3 yr old had good luck with a cressi, it fits me too although extremely uncomfortable:). Not sure the exact model but its for Juniors.

Edge has a couple in their line. I have one in stock now. If you like I can send it at the same time as your t shirts and if it doesn't fit send it back undamaged -
(water spots are ok :D -) and I'll refund the purchase price (minus shipping). All you'd pay is postage back to me. PM me for a price.

My daughter had good luck with Cressi Eyes evolution. Make sure it is the smaller version of the Big Eyes evolution. It does come in a variety of colors, you son may not opt for pink like she did.

Works well with very small faces: Technica | Poseidon

Thanks for the responses so far

---------- Post added November 30th, 2012 at 10:40 PM ----------

I had him try the wife's, which is an Aeris Moray 2.

Look into freediving or spare masks. The Cressi Super Occhio is a very narrow mask with a small skirt. Dive Rite sells the same under their name (115 Stowaway Mask). I think OMER does as well (Abyss).

I think any Cressi freediving mask will fit that category. Riffe, although they market to freedivers, their mask skirts are too big when compared to others. I haven't tried OMER's or other freediving masks.

Back
Top Bottom