mask problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tristan.ak

Contributor
Reaction score
I have tried on every mask I can find from ever dive shop and a vast range of styles and manufactures. The problem is that I have a narrow face a large nose and a bridge that always no matter on the style of mask smacks the lens or frame. With that I get the largest headaches and massive bruising.

Most of my planned diving life will be cold water and I do want to get into the technical side of dive. Im not into seeing colorful fish and being dragged around some spot by a guide. I do a lot of free dives and masks don't bug me much because I don't free dive very deep (20' at most).

My question is does any company make a higher volume mask? I am looking into a full face OTS guardian but when I do dive warm water its a over kill and cumbersome.

The masks that come to my mind are the TUSA Imprex, Aqualung Wraparound, Pacifica, or Atlantis II.

yeah I tried them out already and they still push right below the bridge of the nose, its every mask. I have found one but it still pushes a little. I almost want to file the frame down so that I have clearance.

Have you tried the Atomics? They have both a mid and normal size in both of their masks, the subframe and the frameless.... these things fit almost everyone and have large nose pockets, even on the mid sized versions...

. I do a lot of free dives and masks don't bug me much because I don't free dive very deep (20' at most).

Are you using the same mask on your shallow free dives that cause problems when deeper on scuba? If you are, do you ever exhale through the nose to equalise the pressure in the mask to prevent excessive squeeze?

Back
Top Bottom