Question Kirby Morgan M-48 MOD1 Donning/Fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jacca Deeble

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

Just to preface the question; I have spent >200hrs diving the M-48 MOD1 on rebreather with the rEvo BOV, but I never felt that the fit or positioning of the mask was super reliable from one dive to another. Occasionally it would fit well and snug to my face but most of the time it wouldn't.

Does anyone have tips/tricks on donning the M-48 MOD1?

I currently dive the mask with a 11mm Saanti hood that I have cut to fit the seal profile of the mask. I loosen all straps, holding the chin as deep as I can into the mask whilst tightening the bottom two straps, followed by the temple straps. I usually do not touch the top strap.

What I find is that most of the time my eyes are too far from the glass, and I can see the plastic middle bridge between the eyes. It is distracting and prevents proper stereoscopic vision in portions of my field of view.

Does anyone have a similiar issue to which they've found a solution?

Back
Top Bottom