Mask leakage help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UCFDiver85

Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting my OW certification right now and today in the pool I noticed that my mask was leaking alot. It is the basic black mask I bought but now I'm thinking maybe the mask doesn't fit my face well. Anyone know of any masks that are really good for not leaking, and if the purge system is really effective? Thanks.

I'm no mask expert but it's the fit more than the brand. There is nothing worse than a mask that doesn't fit properly. I suggest you go to a shop that carries a wide variety of brands and be patient enough to try as many on as you need. The purge valve is frequently used by men with heavy mustaches that prevent the mask from sealing well. I personally don't think you need one unless you fit that category. Some dive shops will let you take a mask out and try it so long as you don't damage it. I see from your post that you are a new diver. Don't be in a hurry to buy gear as you have already seen from your mask experience. This board is an excellent place for you to get ideas and feedback on all the different types of scuba equipment. Be patient, :shades:

Back
Top Bottom