FYI - No more free return shipping on Mako Mini masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amfibia

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everyone,

Just an FYI for anyone else who has been trawling through old Scubaboard mask recommendation threads, Mako no longer offers free returns for Mini masks that don't fit.

I decided to order a mini mask based old posts saying that it's risk free purchase because it fits nearly everyone and for those who it doesn't fit, they'll give you a return label to ship it back for free. Their policy is now to have the customer pay for return shipping. That's obviously still a perfectly reasonable policy, just want to make others aware in case they, like me, decide to try the mask based on a policy that's no longer in effect.

Also for what it's worth, the mask seems quite nice with thoughtful details like textured grips on the side of the nose piece. Just doesn't fit me.

Several years ago, our written policy was for a customer to keep the mask if it didn’t fit and we issued a full refund. Unfortunately we felt that we were being “taken advantage of” on too many occasions. We subsequently revised the policy to issue refunds on the returned masks which did not fit to the customer’s satisfaction. We are going to continue that policy AND pay for the return shipping. If our website is not updated to clarify this policy right now, it will be done shortly.

So to clarify our 100% customer satisfaction policy stands for the mini masks.

Amfibia please send me a pm with your full name and we will issue a complete refund and not bother you with a call tag or returning this particular mask. Thanks for giving us an opportunity to fine tune and explain our current policy.

Thanks
Dano

Dano, thanks very much. I totally understand the need to adjust policies over time based on customer behavior. I'm very appreciative that you're willing to help me out on this one. I'll send you a PM. I've always been impressed with Mako's support for Scubaboard as well as your level of involvement in discussions here.

Our current policy is listed here: Minimus (aka Mini) Freedive Mask

This is the current language:

Perfect fit Guarantee:

Hey Dive Buddies,
I’m so confident in how well these awesome freedive masks fit, I want to prove it to you.
In the very remote chance my MAKO Minimus Freedive Mask does not fit, you can send it back within 90 days of the purchase date for a full refund. We will even cover the shipping cost back to us!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom