mask is hurting my nose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know about this strap issues.
If the position of the strap has to be "JUST" right I think that strap is too tight.

When testing a mask for fit you, well I, don't even place the straps on, just the body of the mask. A mask that fits correctly shouldn't produce all the problems described on the posts above.

Ana:
I don't know about this strap issues.
If the position of the strap has to be "JUST" right I think that strap is too tight.

When testing a mask for fit you, well I, don't even place the straps on, just the buddy of the mask. A mask that fits correctly shouldn't produce all the problems described on the posts above.

the mask does fit and stay on without the strap

What Deepstops said... plus sometimes the mask shifts upwards slightly during the dive. Try exhaling thru the nose while repositioning the mask downward to take the pressure off.

I have this problem with my back-up mask, an Aeris Coral. It is so low profile that the nose pocket isn't very deep. I have a small nose, but it still pinches if I wear it too long. Hence its back-up status. The mask seemed to fit perfectly when I bought it, but the nose issue isn't obvious until its been on my face underwater for a bit.

Also, with wearing the strap lower on your head, try adjusting the strap looser as well. I see a lot of divers getting out of the water with mask marks, indicating tight mask straps.

Just a thought.

Darin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom