Martha's this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

utdivermatt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone else going to be at Martha's this weekend? I am going to be there with my instructor from Memphis, and was wondering if anyone else was going to be around.

Also, anyone been there lately? I havent been there in a couple of months; wasn't sure about the conditions right now. Thanks for any help! Hope to see people out there!

-Matt

utdivermatt:
Anyone else going to be at Martha's this weekend? I am going to be there with my instructor from Memphis, and was wondering if anyone else was going to be around.

Also, anyone been there lately? I havent been there in a couple of months; wasn't sure about the conditions right now. Thanks for any help! Hope to see people out there!

-Matt

FYI. They raised their rates this year to $30 I heard. But also heard that you can still get admission for $20 from Nashville LDS's. (However, they have ran out of "tickets" at some stores, so call first). Just FYI as for you "starving college students", that extra $10 bucks is a big deal. )

My admission is covered by my instructor :) Granted I do pay her to go. That rate increase is rough though. Itll make me think twice before going there on my own. Its a nice place, but $30 a day? arg

Was out there 2 weekends ago... Vis was about 5 - 10 feet. If you're going to be down in the ditch, bring the 5 mil suit at a minimum and a hood.

As far as the "tickets" go, I would recommend have your instructor talk to Fred about getting some of the tickets for the shop over in your area...

Randy

I will be there on Saturday, if I can find a dive buddy. Are you going to be in class all day, or will you have time to "fun" dive?

BTW - I was out there 2 weeks ago, and the viz was just as Randy said.

Mike

I was out there last weekend... Got 6 great dives in over the weekend. I had really little to do for my class, but helped with the rescue divers my instructor was certifing.

Really wish I could have caught you there Mike. Ive done alot of training and studying this summer, and have become a much better (in my opinion) then when I dove with you earlier this year. Hopefully sometime we can meet up again!

Matt

What dive shop are you going with, Matt?

I went with Easy Divers out of Memphis. I still really do not have a local shop in Knoxville, and love my instructor from home, so I see no reason to go with anyone else.

Mike, the temps were really warm above the thermocline. We didnt use wetsuits at all the first day. Below 28 or so around the houses it chilled off quickly. Never got a real reading, but I would guess around 70 or so, maybe a little higher. It was probably near 80 on the surface. We did most of our diving in the southwest corner, so we stayed above the cold most of the weekend. I know there is still another thermocline lower, if your planning to go to the bus. I havent exploared that since May, but I bet its still in the 50's at that depth.

He went with us RedHead....had a ball...Matt is going to be a great Tech diver (when he grows up) Just kidding Matt....he did an excellent job as a Rescue victim and his nav skills are real good. We set out a nav course for others to follow and Matt lead the way....Great Job Matt!!!! (drives good to the adult beverage store too) Congratulations on your AOW...I can really anticipate your Rescue class my friend....Ha ha ha

Back
Top Bottom