Martha's this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

utdivermatt:
I may have plenty of time, but that doesnt mean I dont want to learn as soon as possible. Im not planning on rushing it, but I hope to take the classes much sooner rather than later. I want to move into the tech stuff as soon as I am truely comfortable with everything I am doing now.

Are there tech divers in your area that can help you?

Don Wray:
Will do RH...I only go out into the lake if I have to...EMR down here calls frequently as of late....the Shaw girl was the last time they called...she was the 6 year old shot by the babysitter's boyfriend and dumped behind the vacant house. They called for me to dive the pond behind the house.

That sounds awful. Did you find her?

Let me know when your going to head over there. I would love to observe the line laying (as well as help some hopefully), and watch doubles being used (something about two tanks on peoples backs just tends to draw me towards them... like a bug towards a bug zapper). Not to mention Id love to play around in Martha's again. Problem is they close soon, so it may have to wait until Spring.

TheRedHead:
Are there tech divers in your area that can help you?

Not that Ive found yet, at least. Im looking. Anyone from Knoxville area a tech diver? Id love to meet up and do some diving with you!

utdivermatt:
Not that Ive found yet, at least. Im looking. Anyone from Knoxville area a tech diver? Id love to meet up and do some diving with you!

There are a few in Memphis at the Dive Shop. Keith is a cave diver and Chuck Baker is a wreck diver. There is also another cave diver, but he is seldom around the shop. I'll try to get out there before the end of September before the quarry closes.

No, she wasn't there, he had taken her to Cayce and shot her behind a house....she's home now recuperating and he's in the pokie...anyway, Martha's is fun for a 2 day play around...let's do it before it gets too cold....

I'll let y'all know about Martha's. :)

utdivermatt:
Let me know when your going to head over there. I would love to observe the line laying (as well as help some hopefully), and watch doubles being used (something about two tanks on peoples backs just tends to draw me towards them... like a bug towards a bug zapper). Not to mention Id love to play around in Martha's again. Problem is they close soon, so it may have to wait until Spring.

Since we did our Martha's dives earlier this season, I've moved to doubles. I seem to be at Martha's every other weekend, if you want to head out there sometime (PM me). You're right . . . I have a feeling Martha's will be closing sooner than we think.

Mike

Im confused Mike, you say close like a permanent thing? I was just referring to them closing at the end of September I thought. Seeing as I have football games to attend to here, doesnt look like I will be able to be there any Saturdays. Maybe a Sunday is possible if we have a day game on Sat and I can head down afterwards. I hope they arent planning to close permanently if thats what you are referring to?

Sorry about the confusion. Not close permanently, just close for the winter.

A future Sunday for a dive sounds good.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom