Martha's this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ive been down to the bus, which I understand is one of the deepest places of the quarry. I got 58 feet listed from that dive. Like I said, its a great quarry, just doesnt offer too much in terms of depth.

Don Wray:
Matt hasn't got his long hose yet but I did bring it up and explain the purpose to her...
she said well if you know what it's about then ok ya'll go for it and we did. I teased Matt about kool aide and Tennessee football all weekend and almost got us into trouble.

Keep harrassing me buddy... just wait a couple of months until Im the one thats supposed to rescue you :eyebrow:. Maybe Ill just leave you on the bottom and call for some pizza.

Don Wray:
As far as tech divers go, there seem to be tech divers everywhere these days. Matt is heading in the same direction you took and we still have a great time. It was just so hot, I didn't want to put on a wetsuit this weekend but the temps weren't that bad to 50 feet. I think I saw where the trench is deeper, I'll run look and let you know. I was at the Dive Shop today dropping off tanks but no one was in the pool, I figured you'd be there.

I haven't been at the Dive Shop in a couple of weeks. I spent almost 2 weeks in Cozumel and have been working nonstop since. Sardis is probably not worth the effort with the viz and I think it will be the same for any other lake around here. The boaters don't give me any confidence either and I'm sure there's a lot of mono line everywhere. Give me a PM when you're going to Martha's. I'll see if my buddy wants to go.

Will do RH...I only go out into the lake if I have to...EMR down here calls frequently as of late....the Shaw girl was the last time they called...she was the 6 year old shot by the babysitter's boyfriend and dumped behind the vacant house. They called for me to dive the pond behind the house.

utdivermatt:
I would love to go over to NC to get all my tech classes done, but unfortunately its still about a 9 hour drive for me to get there. While this may not be too much in a group, its kinda hard for a broke college kid, to go alone, as well as pay for diving and classes. I wish I had the money, but at the moment I just dont. Hopefully one day I will get out there. Theres a few U-boats I hear calling my name...

It's about the same for me to get to the gulf coast. You've got plenty of time to take those classes later.

Ive never gotten the chance to use doubles before sadly, even though I am looking for a chance to. I have never seen doubles at Martha's, but I bet you can easily go throughout the houses with them. I only remember one place in the houses that is really a tight squeeze (a little room that goes through to a hallway, has a bunch of switches in it). I cant think of any reason not to take them there, other then being a tab bit of an overkill.

TheRedHead:
It's about the same for me to get to the gulf coast. You've got plenty of time to take those classes later.

I may have plenty of time, but that doesnt mean I dont want to learn as soon as possible. Im not planning on rushing it, but I hope to take the classes much sooner rather than later. I want to move into the tech stuff as soon as I am truely comfortable with everything I am doing now.

utdivermatt:
Ive never gotten the chance to use doubles before sadly, even though I am looking for a chance to. I have never seen doubles at Martha's, but I bet you can easily go throughout the houses with them. I only remember one place in the houses that is really a tight squeeze (a little room that goes through to a hallway, has a bunch of switches in it). I cant think of any reason not to take them there, other then being a tab bit of an overkill.

They're pretty new doubles. I haven't had a chance to take them to open water yet. I usually rent doubles when I fly to a location to do tech diving. It might be the perfect location and it sounds like there are opportunities to work on skills like laying line in a wreck (house). :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom