• Technical (wreck) and Married

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Technical (cave) and Single

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Technical (cave) and Married

Votes: 10 5.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so far

married divers: 38
single divers: 17

My wife and I became certified NDL together this past July. I went on quickly with enriched air and AOW which she is now finishing. I am signed up for the wreck and cavern and rescue, wanting to take this thing as far as I can, while she seems to be satisfied with the AOW and possibly wreck.

Interesting that there are more married divers in each category than singles - I'd think that it would be the other way around, if only from the "financial" concern aspect... But I'll add my vote to the "single rec" category :D

I'm single and dive within recreational limits. I want to do technical diving in the future but I don't have the experience, money or time right now.

I'm married w/ kids. I dive NDL right now (certed last year), but will go full tech and cave someday. That being said....

I look at it like this:

-I'm a veteran of the US Army/Persian Gulf
-I work 90-110 hours a every week - Sunday is my ONLY day off, I will spend it how I see fit
-When I took up diving last year, I gave up a much more expensive and potentially dangerous hobby, drag racing (man I miss my Mustang)
-Most non-diving people I know (especially my wife) could care less about the hobby and only ask cursory questions, if to make small-talk (except for when the wife asks me how much those new doubles or canister light cost me :11: )

And most importantly....

-My life insurance premium is the FIRST check my wife writes EVERY month :D

kidspot:
Interesting that there are more married divers in each category than singles -
Simple. Chicks dig frogmen. :D

I'm currently a rec diver, but have plans in the very near future to take some cave training. I have a committed boyfriend (he's trying to figure out the best way to propose to me) so where should I vote? :D

So just this once I'm telling the truth. I got certified with my wife eight weeks before my wedding so I could dive for a week in Belize instead of sitting around a pool drinkin rum, specifically One Barrel. Now I'm addicted like the rest of you and can't stop thinnking about diving.

So there it is. If you ever ask about this again you'll just get lies about me being a NAVY SEAL or something

kidspot:
Interesting that there are more married divers in each category than singles - I'd think that it would be the other way around, if only from the "financial" concern aspect... But I'll add my vote to the "single rec" category :D

Tell me about it! My wife and I got certified together and we've advanced our dive education together. X 2 is hard on the wallet.

So that answers part of the question - married. We dive rec, wreck, and on our way to cave and tech. We have dived solo (rarely though since we usually dive together) We have dived beyond NDL (planned). Slowly progressing in our experience and what we do.

Whats the deal with SEALS? Not only seals learn to dive. I learned in the ARMY, and that isn't anything special, it was good training and free, (except for the whole ARMY thing) But I missed somthing with this SEAL thing I see here?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom