Marine park fee increase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't visit in 2020 But in 2019 I contacted my dive op representative here in the US about this before I left for Cozumel. No problems. Had email to back it up.

My dive op says he can't accept it, but maybe he can...??
This is a valid question, will the dive shops be able to exempt the customers with passes? Not sure if the park will actually allow it or if the process is so bureaucratically burdensome they will be unable to.

Who is your dive op? Why can't he accept it? That's BS.
There is always confusion when things change.

Whats your CC number?
I don't remember, why?

In all honesty, this charge should be absorbed by the dive shops...adjust your pricing if they must.
It is usually built into prices or quoted as an extra. No dive shop is going to eat it altho some shops have been rumored to skirt it.

It was not $383 for the year, it was $750 but is now $1500mxn so about $75usd as of January 1. This was just confirmed with the marine park, but the system is down right now

It was 383 pesos a few weeks ago. Or at least... that's how much they charged me, and I don't think they gave me a special price.

The price increase would probably explain why some people were having trouble accessing the website.

The website now shows $1500 MXN. It did show a validation screen after choosing photo file and clicking Buy but then errors with server not found.

I got to the payment page and paid $1500 mxn. I received a paument message from my account (banamex) for that amount. The passport page (Mis pasaportes window) shows my passport with my photo and valid until 18 Jan 2022 but clicking Ver (see), the pdf shows 2020 and $383 mxn. So I will wait and see if it changes next week. Or I may need to go to the office here.

In all honesty, this charge should be absorbed by the dive shops...adjust your pricing if they must.

I'd prefer that over nickel and diming fees.

I'd prefer that over nickel and diming fees.
Some do. Some quote it separately so you can save by using the annual pass. I prefer saving.

I checked the Conanp site for my park passport and it now has my photo and the correct expiration date (2022 - one year from payment date). However, the header says 2020 and the price says $383 pesos though I paid $1500. They have a form problem.

I just paid my deposit for my Feb trip with 3Ps and this is the note they included:

"...NOTE – we just received notice that the Marine Park fees were being raised $3.00 (from $2.00 to $5.00) and we are not sure yet what date this will take effect - if your diving dates are after the increase start date – $3.00 per day (when diving) will be added to your costs..."

While we have discussed the increase in price for the Pasaporte de Conservacion, does anyone know if the daily Marine Park fee has been increased to $5US per day or not?

If the daily fee is $5, then the annual Pasaporte is a deal if you dive more than fifteen days a year in Cozumel. Otherwise, at $2 per day, you would need to dive more than 38 days to make a difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom