Marine park fee increase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gopbroek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
As I understand it from another thread the national park fees for the Socorros and Guadalupe island parks will jump to very high levels next month and I have recently heard second hand that the Cozumel Marine park fee is also going to have a large increase. Does anyone have details as to what is the current fee is and what, if any, the increase is expected to be for the Cozumel marine park?

From what I understand from other threads is these fees are only paid by the legal operators with actual permits and the pirate fleet does not bother with them. Also I understand that the fees go to Mexico City to then be accounted for and spent as the folks running the federal agency see fit.

I just paid my deposit for my Feb trip with 3Ps and this is the note they included:

"...NOTE – we just received notice that the Marine Park fees were being raised $3.00 (from $2.00 to $5.00) and we are not sure yet what date this will take effect - if your diving dates are after the increase start date – $3.00 per day (when diving) will be added to your costs..."

Well that is an annoying increase, but not the crazy stupid one that they just did. But we know that little of that increase will come back to the Marine Park.

All the more reason to buy a year's pass to the Mexican National Parks which includes Cozumel's marine park.

Pasaporte para la Conservación CONANP

$383 MNP for a year from the date of purchase. At current exchange rates that's about $18 US.

Conservation passport is not valid in socorros or guadalupe. It was excluded as part of the price increase.
The marine park may or may not be included in the future.

Conservation passport is not valid in socorros or guadalupe. It was excluded as part of the price increase.
The marine park may or may not be included in the future.
I suppose that he is speaking from experience of using it there.

All the more reason to buy a year's pass to the Mexican National Parks which includes Cozumel's marine park.

Pasaporte para la Conservación CONANP

$383 MNP for a year from the date of purchase. At current exchange rates that's about $18 US.
Or $20, but I got one before that price goes up too. Now, who do I present it to, or how do I use it?

I suppose that he is speaking from experience of using it there.

Or $20, but I got one before that price goes up too. Now, who do I present it to, or how do I use it?

There's a "picture" of your pass within the app - I have people take a screen shot of that picture and just keep it on your phone. You can show it to the dive shop when you check in, you can show it to the nice guys with guns if you ever get inspected!!

The website doesn't tell you what to do once you have paid for the passport. Download a copy of the picture. You can print a copy to carry with you or, like Chuck said, save a copy to your phone.

I reduced the size to that of a luggage ta, printed and laminated a copy to attach to my gear bag on the boat. Water proof and easy proof in the unlikely event your boat is stopped for inspection.

I am on the purchase of passports page and have filled out the info. Then it says "choose a file" and nothing happens. Any tips

Back
Top Bottom