Mares Zero 9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scaldwell

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello chaps,
I tried one of these guys out recently and found it to be a pretty comfortable mask... does it start leaking or some other problem after a few dives?

Thankyou,
Stephen

Any mask will leak like crazy after a while if you get a good mess of suntan lotion, insect repellent, dirt and facial oil caked up on the skirt. Clean it off with toothpaste and you will be ready to roll again.

You might want to look at an x-vision. Even more comfortable (at least in the shop), lower volume and wider field of view.

I agree with LW, just got my X vision mask. It's very comfortable, my Cressi Horizon just became my back up mask. My only concern for the X vision is the strap, it looks to be thinner so I'm wondering how long it will hold up.

I won't get to try out my new X-Vision for about 2 weeks (sigh). However my concern for the strap is not that it would break prematurely, but that it would be difficult to replace if broken. Most dive locations have generic mask replacement straps for sale. The X-Vision buckels are too narow to work with a generic strap. Perhaps a generic strap could be cut to be narrower, or there are thin ones that fit from some other masks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom