Mares X Vision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got the mask, I've got 2 lenses, I've got 2 little plastic tools--I don't have instructions!
Has anyone actually done this?
Will you send me or post step by step instructions?? :11:
Thanx-Lee

I have a black X-Vision that I've been using all season, and it's definately a great mask. I love the strap attachment points and buckles, and the visibility is wonderful. As someone else said earlier, the X-Vision ROCKS!!! I had a TUSA Visulator, but I could never get a good seal. I also had a Cressi Matrix too, and that's a good mask as well. Riffe make some nice products too. So many masks, so little time!!!

Which is one is actually better, the X-Vision or X-Stream?.

lee haponski:
I've got the mask, I've got 2 lenses, I've got 2 little plastic tools--I don't have instructions!
Has anyone actually done this?
Will you send me or post step by step instructions?? :11:
Thanx-Lee

You just pry the plastic retaining ring on the outside of the mask, in towards the center of the lens, which will disengauge the little tabs that the ring has that slide into slots in the frame. After you pop out all the tabs, you just push the lenses out the front. Make sure you get the seals back in place with no gaps, and put the new lenses in, then snap everything back together. Since we sell the mask and lenses, we do it about 5 times a day, so our time might be a bit faster than yours... One of my guys does it in less than a minute... If it's your first time, just go slow and try not to crack the retaining ring... that's normally what happens if you goof up, or you don't get them sealed good. If that's the case, take them back out, and check the seal for a little fold, then go again.

Good Luck!

Oh, we don't use the tool things... fingernails... You can try to tool things, but I've sold many a mask to folks who cracked the frame with those... so just be careful if you're going to use them.

PS. If you bought the mask and lenses... why didn't the shop where you got them install them??

Just got my X-vision today...can't wait to get to use it. Judging by the overwhelming positive response it sounds like I made a good purchase.

"I switched to X-Vision after I dropped my Cressi Big Eye overboard (unintentionally)."

My husband made the same switch too, but for different reasons. Primarily because the clear skirt on the Cressi Big Eyes reflected too much while snorkeling & at lower depth. Secondly because the skirt on the Big Eye pushes up on the lower part of the nose too much - just above the lip - and can be rather unfortable. I find that it pushes up so much, it's painful. Mind you my nose has been broken so I'm possibly more sensitive than most.

"The X-Vision may have slightly larger field of vision but I am not sure. "

I switched from more expensive TUSA Splendive to the Mares X- Vision after trying my husband's X- Vision mask. In comparison to the Cressi Big Eye, we haven't noticed much of a difference in terms of field of vision. The field of vision is certainly better than what I had on the TUSA, albeit it's not the model in question. We both find the X-Vision a lot more comfortable than the Big Eyes, probably because it's softer.

"My old Cressi had clear skirt where as my new X-Vision has black skirt so I get a little bit more tunnel vision effect (but better for photography). X-vision pinched my nose a little more but the skirt is softer and more comfortable overall. "

"I think the X-vision tends to leak in water a bit more readily than the Cressi but clearing the mask is very easy."

We haven't noticed a difference in terms of leakage compared to the Big Eye, but it certainly leaks a lot less than the TUSA, which was my primarly reason for switching over.

"I think I would be very happy with either but since I don't have them for side by side comparison, it would be tough to say which one is definitely better. I have not tried the Visualator since I need a mask that I can use prescription lens".

We prefer the X-Vision over the big Eyes and we can compare side by side. The Big Eyes in now our first back up mask, and the TUSA is used as second backup

I was going to get the big eyes or horizon, but found they both hit me in the forhead. I went away from my LDS to try on a x-vision and loved the fit. Bought one, and haven't looked back. Fantastic mask. The fact it folds flat is really nice too and I'll probalby buy another for a backup mask.

Just get rid of the hokey little strap and get a neoprene one, but that goes for any mask.

If only seavision made lenses for it, but I won't trade the color correcting advantage, or my max vision for a clear lens; no way.

Lost my second X-vision....... still waiting for mares to get another one to sb (been 3 weeks, strange how mares with all its infinate wisdom decided to keep one(1)(uno) warehouse for the entire united states of america........ (ok excluding Alaska and Hawaii)

Back
Top Bottom