Mares X-Vision Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gt1Street

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all,

I bought the Mares X-Vison (regular, not mid or liquid skin) about a month ago and only latley I got the chance to go diving with it and here are my thoughts of it that I hope would help you decide if its worth the money.

At my diving course , I used an old Mares Freedom which was fine (really, no complaints) but I discovered a whole different world when I got the chance to use the X-Vision.
The difference was amazing; So much easier to put on or take off using the "Quick-adjusting buckles", Tend to get less foggy (not tested for a long term so dont count on it 100%), Has tons more Field of Vision (amazing how much more), since the Silicone is of such high quality and is see-through you can even get a glance at the most extreme degrees of vision.

If anyone got anymore questions about this product I'll be glad to answer, because I'm certain that it is one of THE best if not the best on the market currently !

BTW I actually bought two at the same time for a friend of mine, and he loved it aswell :)

My wife and I both have the X-vison w/ liguid skin.
Love it, very nice fitting mask.
She loves the aspect of being able to just get the drop in -2.50 and the -3.00
corrective lenses. Only takes a min or so to swap the lense out.

And this way, she does not have to wear her contacts under water.

I had an X-Vision and thought it was awesome too, then I bought an Atomic frameless...

the X-Vision is now retired forever...

Jack

This was my first mask and all it did for me was leaked. I bought the Oceanic Shadow and it works great.

Michael

Great mask...it sits in my dive bag as backup now...all hail the mighty Atomic masks.

Cheers.

-J.-

I'd try the Atomics masks out, but they just don't fit my face.

The X-Vision Mid, however, has been great on the two dives I've had it out on. Very nice change from the old school Tusa Liberator style I've always used before.

Gt1Street:
I bought the Mares X-Vison (regular, not mid or liquid skin) about a month ago and only latley I got the chance to go diving with it

Thanks for your review, I really appreciate these product reports. I have two of these masks and have been diving with them for about 16 dives now. Here are my impressions:

I like the way it fit with a replacement webbing strap on it, but didn't care for the stock strap.

This mask didn't fit my wife's face at all. Leak city. An XS scuba mask fit her face type better.

It seemed to take some work to get the inner glass well-cleaned to prevent fogging. After a few dives and a couple of runs with the toothpaste, it took the defogger and spit better...now stays clear just fine.

I like the window size and view, too.

Different masks for different people..

I had an old mares opera for around 10 years, and decided to try the X vision out. I found its leaks like a sieve: so its back to the old opera.

The x-vision did have better field of view - but the glare/reflection of surface light coming in through the clear skirt was also distracting.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Tassie_Rohan:
the glare/reflection of surface light coming in through the clear skirt was also distracting

Interesting point...I have the black skirt model, so I never noticed anything like this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom