Mares X-Vision mask ... 'old' model vs 'new'?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highdesert

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A company offering Rx gauge reader lenses says they offer them for Mares X-Vision 'OLD MODEL' and 'NEW MODEL.' Is there a difference in the lens size/shape? My X-Vision has 'DIN 7877B' on it ... does that help determine old vs new? And what exactly IS the difference between old and new?

Thanks in advance!

They are a different size and not compatible. Sorry I can't help you with Model Number but cannot find any number on my new model.

They are a different size and not compatible. Sorry I can't help you with Model Number but cannot find any number on my new model.
OK then ... if the new one is a "different size," in what way? Bigger lens area? Not going to fit new lenses into my "old" one if the "new" one has more lens area. Thanks!

Just found my old mask. Slightly different shape but not noticeable difference in size. Newer mask is made in China while earlier model is made in Italy.

Back
Top Bottom