Mares X-Vision Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tassie_Rohan:
Different masks for different people..

I had an old mares opera for around 10 years, and decided to try the X vision out. I found its leaks like a sieve: so its back to the old opera.

The x-vision did have better field of view - but the glare/reflection of surface light coming in through the clear skirt was also distracting.

Cheers,
Rohan.
To tell you the truth, I havent experienced that last time I went diving, but i'll be on the lookout if it happens

Tassie_Rohan:
Different masks for different people..

I had an old mares opera for around 10 years, and decided to try the X vision out. I found its leaks like a sieve: so its back to the old opera.

The x-vision did have better field of view - but the glare/reflection of surface light coming in through the clear skirt was also distracting.

Cheers,
Rohan.
That's one reason why all masks I buy have black skirts...

Bought one with corrective lenz. Becareful when the saleperson change it for you though. Mine crack at the area where they open the internal frame.
Before it crack, it do fog out a lot too. Super annoying.
And now it crack (<50 dive), and I can't replace it.

Have both clear and black in the X Vision, it is a good low volume mask, I tried the Atomic on and not so sure I like it, neither are particularly attractive but then what do looks count I suppose.

N

Nemrod:
Have both clear and black in the X Vision...I tried the Atomic on and not so sure I like it

Interesting you should mention this--I love my Atomic regs and the Atomic products/service, so I was looking forward to trying on this mask. Unfortunately it didn't quite work for me, while the X-Visions still feel just fine. Very personal piece of equipment, these masks...you never know how they will fit and balance on you. Glad to hear they fit other people well--I thought it was a pretty well-constructed mask. Todd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom