Mares Spring Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it took all of 10 minutes to make them up for the turtles with those mcmaster carr springs and some line and tubing. i just used the square rings that came with the turtle fins - no need to replace them really. absolutely love them. no more mares buckle failures for this boy. i really cant see buying these things for the prices people want. you could make several pairs for even the manta spring price. i just ordered 4 more packs of springs cause i know a few people who want them now. seemed to get lots of interest on the dive boat on sunday.

steve

True, true..

I like the S-hooks better than the wire idea...if mine ever break I will probably go that route next time...looks easier to work with too.

Beautifl idea with the S-hooks. VERY nice.

Now if I could use something pre-made like that for my Jet fins that need some type of D-ring or soemthing - I'd make mine.

Any ideas what can be used?

Originally posted by Scuba446
Beautifl idea with the S-hooks. VERY nice.

Now if I could use something pre-made like that for my Jet fins that need some type of D-ring or soemthing - I'd make mine.

Any ideas what can be used?

The whole point behind making/modifying these things was for fins other than jetfins. If you use jetfins, save yourself the hassle and just buy the premade ones (which fit ONLY jetfins).

Tom

And spend $50-75? I don't think so....

When I can make them for $25-30?

Originally posted by Scuba446
And spend $50-75? I don't think so....

When I can make them for $25-30?

I guess it depends how much you value your time. try http://www.deeperstuff.com for instruction on making them for Jets.

Tom

Thanks!

1. I have the time - not all the time in the world, mind you, but...

2. I like my Jets and don't want to switch...

Back
Top Bottom