Mares Spring Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those fins are looking good o-ring :)
On the ss wire has anyone tryed a welding supply store?
I think ss mig or tig wire would work great?
Im going to make a set for my jet fins and my atomic splits!!

Rick L

Another great thing about them is how cheap and easy they are to make. I'll admit working with the wire was a little tough at first but once you get the hang of it, it's real easy to bend the wire right around the posts by hand and then just clip the ends. The SS S-Hook idea sounds good too and would look a little more professional but without having my fins with at the hardware store I wasn't sure what size would work best so I just opted to go with the SS wire instead.

Geez O-Ring,
NICE job! Wanna make ME some for my US Divers Rockets?

PS I thought I had the market on 4-letter words!

NICE job! Wanna make ME some for my US Divers Rockets?

They are a PITA to make...at least for me. I guess I will either be making another set or giving in and buying some...I just ordered a pair of jetfins :)

O-ring you will love the jet fins!!!
Ive been using them for 15 years great all around fins!!!
make sure you get the XL(im sure you knew that allready)
There is a huge difference in the large and the XL as far as size goes(for people who havn't seen the difference)

Rick L

Yea,
I have US Divers Rockets - (almost identical to SP's and IDI's) and they ARE great! I love mine - no leg cramps, they are compact and work great. I don't think I'd ever go with somethin else, although I hear that the SP split fins are nice, but at $65 a pr NEW, the Jet fins are such a great deal - who wants to spend $130+ for split fins?

Guess thats why DIR and my agency (SSI) all endorsed Jet fins from the get-go!

O-ring you will love the jet fins!!!

...on a couple wreck dives in NC. I am sure they will be great...just not sure what to do with my Mares now...guess I can use them as backups.

Are the manta straps any good? I am pretty torn between the Halcyon straps (pricey), the FifthD straps (still waiting on my last order from them...going on 3 weeks now), or the mantas.

I don't think I'd ever go with somethin else, although I hear that the SP split fins are nice

You wouldn't like the splits unless you only flutter. There was a guy in my DIRF that had splits...he was having a hell of a time with the kicks, so one of the GUE guys offered to let him try out his fins and he would take the splits. It was hillarious watching him try to maneuver the underwater video camera using the splits (he had never worn a pair). Needless to say, he hated them... :)

I use my atomic splits for a lot of dives.
But if there is a current. Or you have to move quick if you have the legs nothing will touch a set of XL jet fins!!
Ive used them going against a fast moving river and had no troubles!!

Rick L

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom