Mares M1 RGBM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me clarify - when I say "interface" I don't mean the interaction between the diver and the buttons on the wrist mounted computer, I mean the device which allows you to download your dive profiles and keep an electronic log. It's an Infrared Thingy which truly sucks.

I still have my M1 - it stays in one mode and I forget about it because yes, the interface between diver and computer sucks too, and is brutally tough to manipulate underwater with gloves, but - it does do what it's supposed to.

Boogie711:
I still have my M1 - it stays in one mode and I forget about it because yes, the interface between diver and computer sucks too, and is brutally tough to manipulate underwater with gloves, but - it does do what it's supposed to.
Hummm... Maybe the newer model has changed. I just bought one 2 weeks ago (have only 8 dives on it) and it has just 2 large buttons - which seem beyond simple to manipulate underwater - one of the reasons I bought it. I wear the big cumbersome blue dry gloves.
It is way too big and bulky and some of the small type is absolutely impossible to read underwater, but, like someone said, it does what it is supposed to. For a computer that does nytrox and gauge mode, I think for the price it is still a good deal.
I'm off to Kona Monday for 2 weeks, but when I get back I'm determined to get rid of the band and replace it with bungee, and when I do, I'll post it.
Oh, also, I did not blow the extra hundred on the computer interface, so I'm not unhappy with what I didn't get.

I purchased an M1 in a console mid season last year and I do not like it. the buttons are inconsistent, some time they work other times they don't. The NDL are converted metric tables not the standard tables so the plan screens look odd. and i don't think the dive displays are clear. I took it back to the dive shop and we opened several and most of them had buttons that were intermittent. He gave me the one that worked the best but I'm still going to unload it.

Rick Inman:
Hummm... Maybe the newer model has changed. I just bought one 2 weeks ago (have only 8 dives on it) and it has just 2 large buttons - which seem beyond simple to manipulate underwater - one of the reasons I bought it. I wear the big cumbersome blue dry gloves.

Rick - I'm also wearing blue smurf gloves, and the model hasn't changed. Mine is less than a year old, it's just not RGBM. But I still hate the buttons. Very hard to press. Maybe I just have "stiff" buttons - apparently that's not uncommon.

Boogie711:
Rick - I'm also wearing blue smurf gloves, and the model hasn't changed. Mine is less than a year old, it's just not RGBM. But I still hate the buttons. Very hard to press. Maybe I just have "stiff" buttons - apparently that's not uncommon.
jerrymxz:
the buttons are inconsistent, some time they work other times they don't. I took it back to the dive shop and we opened several and most of them had buttons that were intermittent.

Sounds like some have good buttons, some don't. Not good. I think I'll talk myself into liking the thing anyway, 'cause I'm stuck with it for a while... :wink:

i still having a doubt..the mares´website si not very clear....this computer has a real gauge mode ( i mean time and deep ) or is a chronograph only...???...

i can see the most opinions still having negative...but i thought this would be a good deal for 200 dolars...the others are 50% more expensive at least

will_tekkie:
but i thought this would be a good deal for 200 dolars
I think so. Maybe you can buy yours from Boogie...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom