Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ok

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dont get it !!!!!

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bossers

Reaction score
Does anyone have or has had a Mares ESA mask, is it any good ? I have heard it is big & can be hard to clear. what do you think ?:confused:

Thanks Stone, I was thinking of the ESA because I need corrective lenses which don't seem to be available for the big eyes. but thanks for the info - good point

But unless you have a real good reason to spend that much money on that mask, I suggest you look elsewhere. I bought mine because my wife/buddy had a tendency to park herself above & behind me (we're over that now). It made it easier to keep track of her. But of the 3 mask failures I have seen, 2 involved ESA's.

Thanks awap, it is expensive ! but i see your reason for going down the route i was about to, I am getting the impression that I am not going to hear much good stuff about this mask. When you say mask failures - what do you mean, leaks or something worse ?

One was a cracked frame & big leak. The other lost a lens. I've been lucky with mine, but alway have an extra mask in my save-a-dive kit.

My buddy went through 3 ESA's in a very short period of time. All failures...lens falling out, frame cracking, etc. MARES takes them back "no questions asked" so obviously they know there is a problem.

Paid $68 for it new about a year ago. Paid another $30 for the corrective lenses.

A hundred bucks for a mask with Rx lenses.... not too bad of a deal, I think.

Two weeks ago on a dive boat someone asked me whether I liked the mask.
“Yeah, what’s not to like?”
And then I was told all the ESA "lens fall out" stories… I guess, I’ve been lucky. :wink: Now I'm kinda waiting for it to come apart, but so far no signs of any trouble.

PS Mine is with a black skirt. And yes, it is big, which, in my opinion, is a drawback, but it doesn't make it hard to clear.

I've heard a lot of 'leak' stories as well involving the Esa... but I have a friend who FOUND one on a dive... she now uses it most of the time, no leaks so far.

The only reason I didn't get one was that I have a small face, and the mask looks huge against my face!!! :lol:

I currently use a Mares X-Vision, with a low-volume Mares Vedra as a back-up (this was my old mask)

Another good option is the Mares Lirica... although I don't own one, I've heard it actually gives much better vision than the X-Vision... they didn't have any in stock when I was on the market for a new mask, hence the X-Vision.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom