mares/dacor trade in program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingCRNA:
I have a Dacor Viper Metal and a Viper octo that I bought in 2001 on LP. Are these eledgable for the trade in?

The Dacor Viper Metal and Vipor Octo are not eligible, they were produced by Mares and are still current with service parts availible.

Phil

skippy77:
is it a straight swap i have dacor regs and would love to have some new mares 1s

Skippy77

It is not a straight swap, current models can be purchased at a reduced price. If interested you should check with a dealer to see if your old regs are eligible.

Phil

i ll keep my dacors thanks any way phil

When does this program expire?

My LDS indicated it expires in September (Should I assume Sept 30th?) On the ScubaToys WS it incates "offer expires Dec 31, 2006"

Either way I leaning tword updating and upgrating my Dacor Extreme with the Abyss, I just want to know how soon I need to act. :)

WOW...those of you that are Mares reps...listen up. We had (and I say HAD)...err...technically still have...Dacor Extreme regs. We bought them at Sport Chalet when we first got certified 7 years ago. A year and a half ago when we went to get the annual service at SC, they weren't sure they could service them. They did. This last January when I took them in for annual service, we were told that they no longer made the parts for the Dacor Extreme, and that they could not be serviced. We would have to buy new gear. I went to our LDS (who we use for everything else but the annual service for the regs), and they said that Mares no longer had the parts and that they could not be serviced.

No one...at any time...at either of these establishments mentioned this program.

Long story short, we ended up buying a whole new set up...scubapro from our LDS. I'm a bit "upset" that I am finding out about this now, a lot of money out for 2 set ups...you would think that Sport Chalet would have known about this program. To the Mares reps, do the folks that sell equimpent, i.e. Sports Chalet and LDS's get info on this?

I am not a happy camper right now.

We also have Dacor BC's. I lost the screw top to the end of the deflator button on the end of my hose recently. Of course, I was told that you can't find old Dacor parts. Was told I need to buy a new BC. Well, LDS was able to put a replacement hose on it, but the emergency dump valve is not working....grrr...

rant off....any valuable and helpful feedback from Mares folks woudl be greatly appreciated.

GradualAccent:
When does this program expire?

My LDS indicated it expires in September (Should I assume Sept 30th?) On the ScubaToys WS it incates "offer expires Dec 31, 2006"

Either way I leaning tword updating and upgrating my Dacor Extreme with the Abyss, I just want to know how soon I need to act. :)

Hi,

The program officially ends Sept. 30, 2006. This was the date in the press release and notice to all dealers. Unofficially we may extend or accept until the end of the year, but the program will come to an end, so do not wait too long.

Regards,

Phil

Cynde:
WOW...those of you that are Mares reps...listen up. We had (and I say HAD)...err...technically still have...Dacor Extreme regs. We bought them at Sport Chalet when we first got certified 7 years ago. A year and a half ago when we went to get the annual service at SC, they weren't sure they could service them. They did. This last January when I took them in for annual service, we were told that they no longer made the parts for the Dacor Extreme, and that they could not be serviced. We would have to buy new gear. I went to our LDS (who we use for everything else but the annual service for the regs), and they said that Mares no longer had the parts and that they could not be serviced.

No one...at any time...at either of these establishments mentioned this program.

Long story short, we ended up buying a whole new set up...scubapro from our LDS. I'm a bit "upset" that I am finding out about this now, a lot of money out for 2 set ups...you would think that Sport Chalet would have known about this program. To the Mares reps, do the folks that sell equimpent, i.e. Sports Chalet and LDS's get info on this?

I am not a happy camper right now.

We also have Dacor BC's. I lost the screw top to the end of the deflator button on the end of my hose recently. Of course, I was told that you can't find old Dacor parts. Was told I need to buy a new BC. Well, LDS was able to put a replacement hose on it, but the emergency dump valve is not working....grrr...

rant off....any valuable and helpful feedback from Mares folks woudl be greatly appreciated.

Hi Cynde,

This has been discussed on these boards more than a few times, but the quick story is Mares can no longer support the products that were produced by Dacor prior to our purchase of the company in 1999 as we can no longer get these parts. Any product produced by Mares after the purchase can be supported.

I am sorry (and disappointed) that neither shop informed you of the program, we have done multiple dealer mailings, press releases as well as endless discussion on these boards about the upgrade program. As for you BC's, please let me know what model you have and I can check if we have parts available. Many times I have found that people assume the parts are not available and don't check with our customer service department or we can even check the factory. But it does depend on how old the model is and who produced it. Let me know and I would be happy to check for you.

Regards,

Phil

Phil Mintz:
Hi Cynde,

This has been discussed on these boards more than a few times, but the quick story is Mares can no longer support the products that were produced by Dacor prior to our purchase of the company in 1999 as we can no longer get these parts. Any product produced by Mares after the purchase can be supported.

I'm fairly new to this board, so this is the first I've seen of it:-(

Phil Mintz:
I am sorry (and disappointed) that neither shop informed you of the program, we have done multiple dealer mailings, press releases as well as endless discussion on these boards about the upgrade program. As for you BC's, please let me know what model you have and I can check if we have parts available. Many times I have found that people assume the parts are not available and don't check with our customer service department or we can even check the factory. But it does depend on how old the model is and who produced it. Let me know and I would be happy to check for you.

Regards,

Phil

Thanks Phil. I am highly disappointed that neither shop mentioned this when I was trying to get our regs serviced. Really upsets me.

My BC is the Dacor Extreme (ladies). I really don't want to buy a new BC (yet), as I really like this one. I can email you a pic if it's necessary, or at least a pic of the end of the hose part where the cap came off. It is a screw cap, so I figure that over the years it had just gotten loose, and then eventually came off. I didn't realize they were screw caps, otherwise I would have checked them more carefully when tearing down my gear. I bought it in 1999/2000.

I'd appreciate any help with this...again, thanks.

Cynde:
I'm fairly new to this board, so this is the first I've seen of it:-(

Thanks Phil. I am highly disappointed that neither shop mentioned this when I was trying to get our regs serviced. Really upsets me.

My BC is the Dacor Extreme (ladies). I really don't want to buy a new BC (yet), as I really like this one. I can email you a pic if it's necessary, or at least a pic of the end of the hose part where the cap came off. It is a screw cap, so I figure that over the years it had just gotten loose, and then eventually came off. I didn't realize they were screw caps, otherwise I would have checked them more carefully when tearing down my gear. I bought it in 1999/2000.

I'd appreciate any help with this...again, thanks.

Hi Cynde,

The inflator is Part Number 47200013 and we do have them in stock. It can be ordered through any Mares/Dacor dealer, or if you prefer we can arrange to have you send the BC to our service department. Let me know how you would like to handle this.

Regards,

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom