DACOR, UK-USA company still alive ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
G

Grandad83

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, I have just been given a set of dacor eagle diving regs. I’ve just taken them to a dive shop near me for a service where they told me how old they were, and that they are basically obsolete because the company doesn’t exist anymore, no parts etc etc. fine. I’m in the UK btw.
Then they said, they think the company is still going in the US and if I have access I may be able to get them sorted out over there.
So my question is this : Does DACOR still exist in the USA and can I get some regs serviced over there?
Note-please don’t get hung up on geography ( I have good access to the USA )

Thank you folks for your feedback , I think I’m gathering a picture that if I’m a fan of the brand and have a proclivity towards these Reg’s , then there are resources over there for me. But, I don’t think I’m super bothered about them, and I could spend similar money overall on just getting a new set. Thank you folks , I am going to look into a couple of the suggestions that have been made here though before I write them off 👍🤓
I did find this entry with a search on the internet.

Warning Dacor Eagle Regulator​

Jump to Latest
7K views59 replies23 participantslast post by Daz217 Aug 9, 2007
D
Daz217 Discussion starter
680 posts · Joined 2006

#1 · Jun 17, 2007
I had an incident today at Stoney basically involving a Dacor Eagle Regulator that was attached to my Pony Cylinder.
It may be common knowledge but it was new to me and nearly cost my buddy and i dear.
I thought i'd give you the benefit of my experience.
Prior to the Dive i checked that the Air was on and that the regulator was working.
I commenced the Dive with a relatively inexperienced Buddy who although not training was reliant on me to lead the Dive make the calls etc.
Anyway cut a long story short. Unbeknown to me as i had jumped into the water the impact of the entry had dislodged the diaphram in the regulator that is situated in the inside centre of the exhaust T.
This causes the second stage to flood. Pressing the Purge results in the apperance of normal operation BUT the regulator can NOT be breathed off as it is flooded.
Anyway we had an incident at the Helicopter whereby my Buddies Drysuit inflation hose disconnected and went into a rather Dramatic FreeFlow.
I then needed to use my Pony Reg as an AAS for my buddy i offered it pressed the purge first to make sure it was working and placed it to my buddies mouth but due to the above it obviously did not work because it was flooded causing my buddy distress,panic and a lungful of water until i offered my Octopus.
We managed to ascend to the surface my buddy having NO gas.
I could not figure out why my Pony Reg had failed until the service technician at Stoney pointed out the diaphram to me. I was told it was common on lots of Regs but i have never heard of it happening before and would not have even been able to guess the problem not that i could have fixed it underwater in anycase. It worked prior to jumping in and my entry was nothing out of the ordinary. The only thing i could have and maybe should have done was check it again once in the water but i didn't know that the diaphram could unseat so it never entered my mind to do that.
I looked at my Poseidons and can't see how the same thing would be possible with them as they are fully enclosed.
I feel the Dacor Eagle has a design fault and i shall contact Dacor about it. There is no way of knowing you have a malfunction until you try and breath from it.
BTW the reg is less than 6 months old but it will be coming off my Pony in favour of something else.

See less
Reactions:Dan Wilko
Well, this was probably a one-off situation, caused by a jump from height off a boat. But I wanted you to ba aware of the potential problem. This is a pretty extensive thread, and it is worthwhile to read the entire thread.

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom