mares/dacor trade in program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it's the "don't ask don't tell" policy stance.

Okay, I just re-read all of the comments in this thread, and I don't really see an answer...what features of the Abyss make it the regulator that most people are trading in their old Dacors for? Can someone give a quick comparison of the features of it, versus the other 3 available on the trade-in program?

Our situation is particularly frustrating, because my husband and I bought our Pacers when we started diving in the 80's, then kids came along in the 90's and we didn't have any opportunity to dive, and only now, with our youngest a teen, are we able to think about diving again. We live in a colder climate, and our diving is basically done once a year on vacation. $299 each seems like an expensive investment to make at this point, although not being able to get service on the old Dacors, which we loved, is obviously a problem...Thanks

If you go to Scubadiving.com, click on 'gear' and then 'regulators', the Mares requlators in question are reviewed in the 2005 regulator review article.

If you don't want a Mares, Oceanic has a trade in program that they will take any regulator (regardless of brand) and give you up to $100 credit towards a new one with your trade in.

mike_s:
If you go to Scubadiving.com, click on 'gear' and then 'regulators', the Mares requlators in question are reviewed in the 2005 regulator review article.

If you don't want a Mares, Oceanic has a trade in program that they will take any regulator (regardless of brand) and give you up to $100 credit towards a new one with your trade in.

can you link me directly there, I cant find the 2005 review.

mike_s:
Interesting.

I wonder what Mares stance is on this? I guess we'll see their reply soon(?)

Ok... I guess I stand corrected. I guess we won't see their reply. They got real quiet after I asked this question.

Maybe the above poster is correct when he references LP is a dealer but "not authorized" and where they get their products from.

Just shows how "controlled" the scuba industry really is huh?

Is the Dacor trade in program still happening.I just found out i cant get rebuild parts for my regulator.Its been awhile sesne ive been diving because of kids but i was going to FL this summer.Thanks for your help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom