March 18 - Blue Hole Get-together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good to see all of y'all. I'm getting where I can recognize Kevin & Ron - much better on pretty ladies, the best of y'all need to wear name badges. :D

I washed my gear twice this time - anyone ever seen it that bad before? I don't think the two Pacus would have that big of an effect, guess it was just super busy. Anything else different?

Daxter:
Dan, Ron, Kevin, James, Jason and Don,

Nice to finally meet you all at the hole this last weekend. Dan and Ron, thanks for the dives it was a blast even if the vis was bad. Sorry my brother and I had to leave so early Sunday. Would have liked to stick around longer, but with the wife leaving Monday I had to get back fairly early, next time I will try to make more of a day with you all.

Cheers,
Tom

Tom, it was great meeting and diving with you and Shawn.

Having more Denverites that are not opposed to the long drive down for a weekend is a good thing! :D

Keep in touch, and we will plan another trip in the next few months.

BTW, if you are not aware, that was as crowded and stirred up as I've EVER seen the BH. In the summer the Denver LDS's, and likely others do NOT bring down classes as they can do OW checkout dives locally.

Great diving and hanging out with everyone, and I look forward as always to doing it again.

DandyDon:
Good to see all of y'all. I'm getting where I can recognize Kevin & Ron - much better on pretty ladies, the best of y'all need to wear name badges. :D

I washed my gear twice this time - anyone ever seen it that bad before? I don't think the two Pacus would have that big of an effect, guess it was just super busy. Anything else different?

I've heard that...........:confused: :eyebrow:

I guess my camera skills are improving some - up to beginner level maybe? I was amazed that any of the pics came out after shooting in that murk, but I got some nice shots of goldfish, crawdads, and plastic toys. But that's one of the reasons we go - to practice taking shots no one would want to see so that we won't totally blow it when we get to the real show - like I did with my fogging problem on my last Coz trip. I think I got that resolved now, and this run was very helpful with that.

Interesting that they left the concrete barriers where they did to keep vehicles from parking so close, with walk thrus between the barriers - and how some people blocked the walk thrus with their vehicles still, and this one set up their tarp right in front on a pair. Anyone have any idea why they may have done that? Felt kinda bad walking across their tarp, but not much...

Mar_07_Santa_Rosa-28.JPG

We could put up signs about those, as well as "stay right on stairs" and "do not stand in stiarway or entrance" but I guess we'd then need to read the signs to some people. :shakehead

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom