March 18 - Blue Hole Get-together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank:
We are planning on BBQ'ng Sunday. Anyone want Elk? If not, we will bring some burger meat, or maybe Brat's.

Looking forward to hooking up with the ABQ Crowd Sunday, and watching James go through the GUE hazing process! :D :popcorn:

Elk sounds good. I've never had it before. :) You will actually have to watch the hazing process from Rock Lake then. :D We should be done on Saturday evening. :)

amascuba:
Elk sounds good. I've never had it before. :) You will actually have to watch the hazing process from Rock Lake then. :D We should be done on Saturday evening. :)

Damn, I should have known..... Flatirons=Rock Lake!

I'll bring some Elk. It's a mixed bag on if it's great, or just good. Young Cow = Great, Old Bull = good, and I don't have it labeled well enough to tell the difference! :shakehead

So are you busy Saturday night? Feel free to join us for dinner if you like.

amascuba:

Elk is good, tastes just like chicken........... :D :no

Sure Ron, if you got it! Bring it up. Speaking of chicken, I'm going to marinate some chicken breast for the grill.

ABQdiver:
Elk is good, tastes just like chicken........... :D :no

Sure Ron, if you got it! Bring it up. Speaking of chicken, I'm going to marinate some chicken breast for the grill.

Thanks for a head count. I'll bring a couple steaks, and a small pack of Tender Loin. Not enough for everyone to make a full meal on it, but some may not like it, and it will be enough for folks to try!

You fellows do the picnic scene well. Guess I'm too easy to please on convenience food, i.e. Subway sandwich on the south road home. My bud is more into cooking, tho. I'll see if I can get him to pack us some high quality hot dogs or something since you'll have the fire going and such good folks around it.

We'll pull in Saturday afternoon. Got some basic skills to tune.
tit.gif
Be watching for y'all.

ABQdiver:
Speaking of chicken, I'm going to marinate some chicken breast for the grill.

Sounds good, i'll bring some burgers and brats, should be plenty for everybody :)
See you all on Sunday...

I asked my dive bud if he'd like to pack some hot dog stuff for the grill. He wanted to bring his gas grill! "OMG no, we got a whole pickup full of stuff between us already. They'll have a fire, let's just buy them some charcoal!" This is why I am such a Subway fan, but looking forward to grilling with y'all.

Or should we bring the gas grill as an alternate...??

I'm about to go to bed, but I'll look here again at 6am Texas/5am Rocky time...

It was great seeing (and meeting) everybody on Sunday, big group this time!! The Hole was crowded and extremely murky. I'm pretty sure most of us were diving at the same time, but with the viz that bad it was hard to tell.
See you all next time.

Dan, Ron, Kevin, James, Jason and Don,

Nice to finally meet you all at the hole this last weekend. Dan and Ron, thanks for the dives it was a blast even if the vis was bad. Sorry my brother and I had to leave so early Sunday. Would have liked to stick around longer, but with the wife leaving Monday I had to get back fairly early, next time I will try to make more of a day with you all.

Cheers,
Tom

Same to you Tom!! Glad you were able to come down and dive with us NM pukes!! :D

Come on back down next month and we'll do it again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom