Manila - Palau flights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but curious if Asian Spirits stopped flying to Palau? I don't see Davao or Koror as an option on their website fly planner.

Drew

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but curious if Asian Spirits stopped flying to Palau? I don't see Davao or Koror as an option on their website fly planner.

Drew

last Dec, the Asian Spirit front desk lady told me there would be no more MNL- Koror flights...

so i guess Continetal is now the only airline plying the route? :eyebrow::eyebrow:

last Dec, the Asian Spirit front desk lady told me there would be no more MNL- Koror flights...

so i guess Continetal is now the only airline plying the route? :eyebrow::eyebrow:
and the price is back at $800 i assume.. bugger

I just booked
manila-Guam-truk-guam-Palau-Manila
Cost $1300
Flying CO

and the price is back at $800 i assume.. bugger

I just booked
manila-Guam-truk-guam-Palau-Manila
Cost $1300
Flying CO
Thanks Kevster, sounds like you've got a great trip planned, enjoy!

I'm booked to do Truk in '10 (on the Odyssey) and I'm already dreading that Guam layover.

Drew

Drew,

I am on the Odyssey in 13 days time!!! 10days until I fly into Manila.
Then on Eco Explorer in Palau for 4 nights and a couple of days diving from shore (Sams or Fish & fins).

I will post a trip report when I get back.

I know what you mean regarding the stop-over in Guam.
I get off the Odyssey at 8am Sunday, fly out of Chuuk 2am Monday, arrive Guam 4am and do not fly to Palau until 7pm!!

I,ve booked the Blue Lagoon resort for the day I get off the Odyssey.
I will try to book a cheap hotel in Guam for day use.

I wanted to squeeze a visit to Yap as well but the CO flight schedule was impossible.
Yap is a nightmare to get too if you want to do Palau & Truk & fit in with the live-aboard schedules

Sounds like a super trip Kev, enjoy!

Came across this piece of news while searching for alternatives for Manila-Koror flight beside Continental Air which costs sky high...

I'm keeping high hope that this will materialize...

Pacific Magazine: Cebu Pacific Air Considering Palau Flights

================================

Philippine discount airline Cebu Pacific Airlines is reportedly considering offering service between that country and Palau, but only if Palau offers landing fee concessions. Palau Minister of Commerce and Trade Otoichi Besebes says he has urged the airline to officially communicate with his office concerning the possible service.

Asian Spirit Airlines, another Philippine carrier, discontinued service between Cebu/Manila and Koror last November saying it had lost nearly $5 million.

Cebu Air began flying international routes in 2001. It currently serves Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Inchon, Pusan and Taipei. It says the proposed Palau service would bring tourists from Europe and other Asian-originating markets.

A number of airlines serve Palau. Far Eastern Air has increased its service to four weekly flights between Taiwan and Palau.

Continental Micronesia, the longest serving regular service regional carrier, flies to Manila as well as Yap and Guam.

South Korean carrier Asiana Airlines has contacted the Palau government about starting non-stop service to Palau.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom