Manado Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tarzana:

Now I just have to find a flight from Singapore to Manado on the 23rd and to Bali on the 3rd.

PuraVida
Tarzana

Flown both routes more than once in the last 6 months. For singapore-manado:

www.silkair.com

From manado to bali you will either have to go back via singapore and silk air or via:

www.garuda-indonesia.com

Both bali and manado airports are efficient.

Bunaken is a big wall that lacks pelagics: did not see a single shark or cuda while diving it over one week. Lembeh is a macro photograhers heavan-some of the best diving I have ever done. Northern bali also good for black sand macro.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Tarzana,
Not very easy to get cheap ticket at end of year. Singapore - Manado you don't have much choice other than Silk Air, but you may save up to 200$ via Jakarta; more than 20 flights a day From Singapore to Jakarta and at least 3 airlines (Garuda, Lion Air, and Batavia) serve Jakarta - Manado for less than $150. Garuda more expensive but more reliable.
You can check though their web site.

Thanks for the info given for my flights... online Silk Air is quoting over 540 USD for a one way and 580 for a round trip... I did have an agent write me today with a one way SILKAir quote for $370 for SIN-MDC... is that about the best I am going to do? I had no idea it was going to cost me so much time (3 days) and loot to get to Manado from Okinawa .. wow!

I used the link that you gave me, Tassie_Rohan, for Garuda Airlines and they have so many choices in the Economy range of seats.. one was ECONOMY BUDGET and if i read what this amount means correctly which is difficult as the periods and commas are placed differently... anyway it read: Rp. 1.166.000,00 which I think is 127.68 USD... I hope that I figured this correctly...

Gracias for the info
chrisse

I ve just returned from a trip to Manado. My return ticket on Silkair for Sin/Manado/Sin ie a return flight cost me USD290.00

We just spent five days diving Bunaken and five days diving Lembeh, and we did see some sharks and some barracuda, a few turtles, some jacks and several schools of tuna off the walls at Bunaken. The best part of the Bunaken dives, for my money, was the last bit in the shallows. The coral gardens were stunningly colorful and packed with fish.

The diving at Lembeh was more fascinating, but not nearly as scenic.

TSandM:
We just spent five days diving Bunaken and five days diving Lembeh, and we did see some sharks and some barracuda, a few turtles, some jacks and several schools of tuna off the walls at Bunaken. The best part of the Bunaken dives, for my money, was the last bit in the shallows. The coral gardens were stunningly colorful and packed with fish.

The diving at Lembeh was more fascinating, but not nearly as scenic.

Hi

My 1st post here. Am going to Bunaken and Lembeh for the 1st time in end Nov.

Hope to see some forms of pelagic at Bunaken. Anyone knows wat's the water temp during Nov/Dec at Lembeh?

Thanks

tzeyap, where did you buy your SIN-MDC ticket from? could i pretty please get the contact info for your agent?

tarzana

tarzana:
Thanks for the info given for my flights... online Silk Air is quoting over 540 USD for a one way and 580 for a round trip... I did have an agent write me today with a one way SILKAir quote for $370 for SIN-MDC... is that about the best I am going to do? I had no idea it was going to cost me so much time (3 days) and loot to get to Manado from Okinawa .. wow!

I used the link that you gave me, Tassie_Rohan, for Garuda Airlines and they have so many choices in the Economy range of seats.. one was ECONOMY BUDGET and if i read what this amount means correctly which is difficult as the periods and commas are placed differently... anyway it read: Rp. 1.166.000,00 which I think is 127.68 USD... I hope that I figured this correctly...

Gracias for the info
chrisse

You might take another look at the Silk Air site. I got my round trip SIN-MDC tix for $S580. Works out to about $US380. If you go from Jakarta it looks pretty cheap on Garuda a little less than $US100 each way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom