Manado Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sinners

Reaction score
Trying to plan a trip to Manado on my own, assuming that I take care of my own ticket, who would one recommend as the dive operator?

I got a suggestion so far for Eco-Divers.

Also, going in September would it be good time to go?

Comments please.

Cheers!

I would suggest a combo of Divers Lodge Lembeh and Froggies, and depending if your into weird smaller critters, spend about an even amount of time at either one! Lembeh straits has the muck diving but some good regular dives as well. As far as I know September is a good time to go!!! Have a good time!!!

Hey Sinner,

Here you go !
Check out this web site : http://www.bunaken.info
You will know all about Manado info on this bloody helpful.

Good Luck

to mix up the diving there is an interesting wreck in Lembah Straits, worth looking at and you cango inside a little (found a lobstar inside - he could still be there?)

I was set on going to Koh Tao for a few weeks in October (have about 3 weeks spare) but looking at Manado, my mind keeps changing.

Does Manado kick butt over Koh Tao - dive quality (ignoring the "conveyor belt" of diver numbers in Koh Tao)?

Hey there,

we will go to Manado the 16th of september. We will stay in Sulawesi for 22 days. First at tasik Ria resort ( www.tasikria.com ) and Eco Divers. The last week we go to Gangga Island Resort ( www.ganggaisland.com )

August and september are the best time of the year for diving around Manado. temperature around 31 C every day and 24 at night. Not to much wind, calm sea.

cheers

alc16, I have been to both Manado and Koh Tao and in my opinion there is no comparison: Amazing walls in Bunaken, very rich in Life (especially macro) compared to average nice Asian sites crowded with huge schools of divers in Koh Tao...

You got to be joking! I will be there too!

Capi once bubbled...
Hey there,

we will go to Manado the 16th of september. We will stay in Sulawesi for 22 days. First at tasik Ria resort ( www.tasikria.com ) and Eco Divers. The last week we go to Gangga Island Resort ( www.ganggaisland.com )

August and september are the best time of the year for diving around Manado. temperature around 31 C every day and 24 at night. Not to much wind, calm sea.

cheers

Hi guys/gals....

Apologies to Sinners for hijacking this thread - i'll probably get flamed for asking....
I have some query which you may all laugh/cry about.

The draw of great diving is irresistable however, i've been doing a little research about the risks of the area. The UK goverment has advised against any "non-essential" (I think getting wet is essential!) travel to Indonesia due to threats of a terrorist nature. This also include North Sulewesi. Also, there is the continued ethnic issues within various parts of Indonesia.

Ok, i've been living in London for the last 8 years and have survived 3 bombs (yes, ones that have gone off), plus a countless number of bomb threats. My question is - in all your opinions, how safe is the Manado area for westerners? I really want to go but if there is a high risk threat then I may pass on it. For those who reside in Asia, have you heard of anything else about that region in terms of "terrorist" activity?

Sorry if you all think this is a dumb sh** query - i've never been to Indonesia so am unable to quantify the immediate risk. I've been to Thailand quite a few times so can sort of "judge" where to go/avoid (ok, the risk is potentially there).

Feel free to PM me so that we can take this off-topic.

Rgs
Al.

Back
Top Bottom