Manado Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First of all, I cannot thank the Fairy Goddess of this site enough for keeping this site going. It really has given me the opportunity to gather info for my diving travel.

Secondly thank you everyone on this thread for sharing about the Manado area.

Pelan Pelan... I did write lumbalumba divers in May and they said that they were full already. sounds like a good place though a place to try another time when they are not booked so far in advance.

BTW I melted when logged onto Lembah Resort's site. what a beauty of a place!! Since they do not go to Bunaken, they had suggested Murex Hotel in Bunaken which is run by them or they are associated with them anyway. They have this cool deal of $1495 for 11 days of hotel, diving 8 days food and overnights there, Lembah Resort and Bankga Bungalows, plus meals and transfers. sounds like a great deal to me...Has anyone stayed in the Murex Hotel?

Tarzana

Yes, I've stayed at the Lembeh Resort a couple of times. It's one of the nicer places in that area.

My only complaint about the Lembeh Resort is that the food from the kitchen gets a little boring after a couple of days.

Tarzana - yes we found that lumbalumba were fully booked when we tried to book up late July 2007. A big group has booked in "led" by some returners. Well - that speaks for itself! But we're going to be there some time in the summer for sure.

Don't know too much about Murex - it has been mentioned in other threads, I think it is more of a dive lodge than a hotel. There was a lot of really good information on Manado and Bunaken about 4 months ago so it would be worth a search. I know that some folk from this board have been to Froggies on Bunaken this year and really spoke very highly of it. We've visited friends staying there for lunch (lumbalumba dropped us off there after the morning dive - there's your personal service) and they were enjoying it. No frills, professional, helpful diving and good food, and friendly folks. Christiane Muller is one of the founders of diving in Bunaken and it is her passion.

If you want to go for more of a hotel standard up market location then Gangga Island might be the place - spas and things like that!

sinners:
Trying to plan a trip to Manado on my own, assuming that I take care of my own ticket, who would one recommend as the dive operator?

I got a suggestion so far for Eco-Divers.

Also, going in September would it be good time to go?

Comments please.

Cheers!

I spent a month with murex back in 2004.. I was happy with them..

http://www.murexdive.com/

They were the only resort in north sulawesi doing nitrox, I'mnot sure if thats still the case..

PelanPelan...Lumbalumba seems like it is quite popular. If f i go back to the area would like to try it one day.

Padiscubapro...I decided to nix the Murex Resort as my travel agent said that it has gotten really run down due to the fact that the owners want to sell and they do not want to put much into it.

I am just about booked into Hotel Santika in the Bunaken Area and the Lembah Resort for my 2 week Xmas break and am excited about it! I will report back in the first of the year.

Tarzana

Tarzana - had heard something similar about Murex.

Enjoy Santika. Thalassa diving have a good reputation. Watch out for Simone's glasses!

It sounds like a bunch of us will be in the Manado area but all in different resorts. Perhaps our paths will cross above or below the surface!

I made a slight switch of plans and will be staying the whole time at the Hotel Santika/Thalassa Divers Resort Dec 23rd to Jan 3rd. I do not know where Two Fish divers nor NDC is in relation to my resort. Simonne set me up with a very sweet package that includes 15 dives and a land tour there at the Santika and I jumped on it as some other bills in Panama surfaced.

Now I just have to find a flight from Singapore to Manado on the 23rd and to Bali on the 3rd. My agent here is giving me horrendous prices like 450 USD for one way SIN to MDC. So I hope that Simone can help out. I am all ears if there is a good way to get cheap air tickets for this area.

PuraVida
Tarzana

Back
Top Bottom