Maluku Divers Resort on Ambon closes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peeweediver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, guess we won't be going there in December. Sad to see legal issues close a resort. I have no idea what's behind it all, just know our group needs to find another spot. The explanation on the website leaves more questions, but the simple, "We're closed for good", is pretty clear.

Rob

First I have to state clearly that I do not know anything about what happened to them. And that i feel sorry for the people who all worked hard with the best intentions. But in general I want to say to anybody who thinks in opening a business or investing in Indonesia: take all the time you need to get informed about the laws and regulations as good as you can. This can be done within a couple of days or even hours. It will prevent wrong expectations and regret. As far as I know: a foreigner cannot be partner in an Indonesian company. Unless this is a PMA.
December is a great time for Lembeh Strait and also for Halmahera.

I’ve stayed there in the past. A shame to hear this :(

A lot of the guides there were ex-Lembeh, and were good critter spotters, so hopefully they will find ongoing employment.

A few years ago I was talking with a couple who managed a shop in Komodo wondering where would be good to set up shop and I said Ambon is an underserved market. Now it really is.

Well, guess we won't be going there in December. Sad to see legal issues close a resort. I have no idea what's behind it all, just know our group needs to find another spot. The explanation on the website leaves more questions, but the simple, "We're closed for good", is pretty clear.

Rob
check out dive into ambon, great place

On one of the Facebook dive groups somebody posted that a new dive resor is being built in Ambon , the shop will be ready in September and the accomodation in December.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom