Malaysia! Everyone there post here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed_Dman:
Hi Bennie!

Wow! What a small world! It's great to see you here.
You're always welcome if you & Gwen decided to dive in Malaysia again. Selamat Datang! :)

Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing! Take Care & God Bless!

Ed.

PS - Pls send my regards to Gwen & yr family. :)

Great to hear from you - sorry we're missing the trips this fall - seems like the Tengal trip should be coming up soon around Independance day. Drop me an e-mail with a good 'snail mail' address for you - we've just finished compiling our "Malaysia Trip DVD" and I want to send you the dive section of the DVD - thought you might enjoy. Already trying to figure out how to get back over there on the 'company dime'.

sipidanbg:
Great to hear from you - sorry we're missing the trips this fall - seems like the Tengal trip should be coming up soon around Independance day. Drop me an e-mail with a good 'snail mail' address for you - we've just finished compiling our "Malaysia Trip DVD" and I want to send you the dive section of the DVD - thought you might enjoy. Already trying to figure out how to get back over there on the 'company dime'.

Yup! Will be in Tenggol, end of this month. Will post up some photos, after the trip!
"Malaysia Trip DVD", would love to have one and thanks in advanced. :)

Hope & looking forward to dive with you & Gwen again in the near future!

Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing!

Ed.

Greetings everyone!

I'm quite new in this board, but not that newbie when it comes to island destinations in Malaysia! (Yes, I've been to quite many)

Most recent dive was at Tioman Island. I dived at Labas Rock and Soyak Island. For trip reports, please check out http://www.malaysia-islands.com/tioman.htm

Also I've made two trips to Sipadan. Simply love the islands. The turtles were too many to be counted, LOL. Check it out at http://www.malaysia-islands.com/sipadan.htm

Also do check out Redang Island, which has THE best beaches in the country! http://www.malaysia-islands.com/redang.htm

sipidanbg:

Hi Bennie!

Just received the DVD, thanks a lot! Me & Lydia had a great time watching it and sure brings back lots of memories. I like the way you put all those photos together and the music is fantastic! Thanks Buddy!

Hope & looking forward to dive with you & Gwen in the near future!

Ed.

Hello everyone ... :wink:
I just surfed through the thread and websites linked to it, though I would appreciate if someone could give me further details about diving in the PERHENTIAN ISLANDS (hope the spelling is wright)!

As a matter of fact I will be in Thailand roughly at the end of sept and I am planning to roam free for a couple of weeks ... since I appear to understand that it is not the best time to dive Similan & Surin, I thought to travel further south to Malasya and go for the Perhentian islands ... a couple of experienced diver friends reccomended them to me!!!!

Any info about the diving situation in october, diving and accomadation costs (I have my own gear and a budget room will do) and so on, will be much appreciated!!!!

Thanks in advance everyone and let's spread respect awareness for the oceans!!!

Freesub

Freesub:
I just surfed through the thread and websites linked to it, though I would appreciate if someone could give me further details about diving in the PERHENTIAN ISLANDS (hope the spelling is wright)!

As a matter of fact I will be in Thailand roughly at the end of sept and I am planning to roam free for a couple of weeks ... since I appear to understand that it is not the best time to dive Similan & Surin, I thought to travel further south to Malasya and go for the Perhentian islands ... a couple of experienced diver friends reccomended them to me!!!!

Any info about the diving situation in october, diving and accomadation costs (I have my own gear and a budget room will do) and so on, will be much appreciated!!!!

Freesub

If you are looking for some budget type of accomodation and fairly good diving, Perhentian is the right choice! You might wanna go there early October, as some of the resorts will be getting ready to closed for the season by mid/end of October.

Anyway, let me welcome you to Malaysia in advance and hope that, you'll have a great time here! :D

Ed.

I'm sure these other guys can tell you more about the timing of your dive but I'd say you're making a good choice for location. I think the Perhentians offers some of the best budget diving in Asia. Lots of variety in dive site locations and extremely cheap.

Check again on the Similan though. Isnt' the fall the beginning of the season over there?

Watercolour
Freesub:

Freesub

Monsoon season for Perhentian (or any island off east coast of Pennisular Malaysia) usually starts sometime end October and ends Febuary the next year. Depending on your luck you may still get some good weather even in early November. If you are going late October, I suggest you call first to check the weather condition.

For the party type, head for Long Beach at Perhentian Island Kecil. Others beaches are pretty quiet. Most of the accommodations are still quite cheap except for a few upscale resorts at Perhentian Island Besar. Nowadays I usually stay at Bubbles at Perhentian Island Besar. They are a small budget operation located at southern end of Perhentian Island Besar at a nice stretch of beach all by themselves. You may also want to take a look at Watercolour, a competent outfit at Perhentian Island Besar. Personally I like quietness so I have never stayed at Long Beach at Perhentian Island Kecil. For other accommodations, check this agent's website, their list is quite comprehensive.

I would say Perhentian islands offer some of the best divings off east coast of Pennisular Malaysia. They are mostly little current warm tropical water variety. You can check out Bubbles web page for some of the dive site descriptions. Everyone's favorite dive sites in Perhentian Islands are Tokong Laut (Temple of the Sea) and Terumbu Tiga (Three Rocks or Tiger Rock). These sites are not to be missed.

Have fun.

hey,
u from malaysia?

dolphinsss:
I am also in :D Orca you from Malaysia ka?? Shall we do a brief intro here for everyone to know each other better? :wink:

G'day,

I'm Michael, an ex-pat Aussie living in KL. Just found you lot.

I'm a regular at Tekek on Pulau Tioman. Hope to see you 'round.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom