Malaysia! Everyone there post here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
No, I'm not there, at least not yet. Looks like a nice place to visit, dive, and all, to be sure.

We have a lot of members there, though, I know from the Introductions forum. Perhaps we could organize an ongoing chat among Malaysians and others interested here - kinda' like we're doing on one Singles thread, which now has over 2,000 posts.

Hey, it's an idea. So, who's there, what's happening, where'd you dive last...?

DandyDon:
No, I'm not there, at least not yet. Looks like a nice place to visit, dive, and all, to be sure.

We have a lot of members there, though, I know from the Introductions forum. Perhaps we could organize an ongoing chat among Malaysians and others interested here - kinda' like we're doing on one Singles thread, which now has over 2,000 posts.

i'm in... :D

DandyDon:

Hello Dandy,

It's a great Idea. Thanks for starting this thread. So when are you planning to visit Malaysia? I plan to go back for a visit 3rd week of next April. I would be more than happy to take you Island hopping for a couple weeks!

dolphinsss:
I am also in :D Orca you from Malaysia ka?? Shall we do a brief intro here for everyone to know each other better? :wink:

yep yep.. based in KL in fact.. which part of PJ are you in? :eyebrow:

dandy, thanks for setting this up..

I'm not from there but it's my favourite diving country. I've made three trips there and had some great experiences. I'm actually thinking of moving there to work in a few years. So I guess I can post in this thread.

ohh- this is good timing, assuming I get visa issues sorted, I will be heading to Malaysia for travel and diving this summer- maybe I can pick some brains.... I am hoping to do my doctoral research in the country-so this will be usueful.

munkispank:
ohh- this is good timing, assuming I get visa issues sorted, I will be heading to Malaysia for travel and diving this summer- maybe I can pick some brains.... I am hoping to do my doctoral research in the country-so this will be usueful.

Munkispank,

Are you US citizen or UK citizen? I believe you can get into Malaysia for UK Passport 2 months stay, US Passport 3 months stay without visa.

Check uot this web site: http://www.columbusguides.com/data/mys/mys040.asp

Embassy of Malaysia (Washington D.C. , USA)
Embassy of Malaysia
2401, Massachusetts Ave. N.W.
Washington D.C. 20008
United States of America United States of America
Telephone: (1202) 328 2700, Fax: (1202) 483 7661
Contact Person: H.E. Dato' Ghazzali Sheikh Abdul Khalid (Ambassador)
E-mail: mwwashdc@erols.com

Enjoy your visit. :wink:

fishnchips:
Hello Dandy,

It's a great Idea. Thanks for starting this thread. So when are you planning to visit Malaysia? I plan to go back for a visit 3rd week of next April. I would be more than happy to take you Island hopping for a couple weeks!
I don't know when I might be able to visit, but I had seen a few members from there looking for others, and thought I'd suggest this. One might say I'm meddling...? :11:

I thought that local members might like to try this as a semi-chatroom? Talk about local diving, local living, or anything else? Of course, others might chime in.

I have a lot of ideas, always hoping for a good one. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom