Malapascua or Moalboal in January?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would be interested in Mang Ben contact info for Cebu transportation and possibly to/from Maya.

I would be interested in Mang Ben contact info for Cebu transportation and possibly to/from Maya.

I have worked out for the money I save on the diving cost, to go for the private transfer. Its going to be more economical and confortable for a nominal cost. And the thought of going on the resort dive boat rather than public ferry seems better. Its even going to be cheaper by 1/2 for me (about PS1800 return I think) if there is another traveller. So if anyone is planning to head to MP on the 23Jan in the morning from Cebu please let me know.

Gee and Travelpro,

I have PM you on the details on the rent-a-car. I hope you can use the info to compare it with your other options.

Regards,
Gi :coffee:

Hi Gee,

I regularly fly from Manila to Cebu for work. I go to Bantayan Island via the Hagnaya Port. This port is 30 minutes to 1 hour away from Maya. I always go with the same rent-a-car and driver. The driver, Mang Ben, is a very nice and decent person. Good rates with official receipts as well. He drives a sedan. I can ask him tomorrow his rate and I can give you his number. He can fetch you at the airport like he does with me. Email you tomorrow. good night.:sleeping2:

Regards,
Gi
Izel
I am going to Malapasqua in June 2011. Mang Ben sounds great. Can I have his details as well please?

Graet info guys.
I am going to Moalboal next week for a week and then Malapasqua in June. All suggestions gratefully received.

Here now with a group from my school. We are diving with Cebu Divers. They have been quite good so far.

gee13

To encourage you. I had only 6-Dives (2 Days) in Malapascua with Exoric Divers this past Oct '10. They were the best 2-days diving I've has so far. The dive at Monad Shoal was unforgeable. We saw 3-Threshers in the one dive. One large Thresher passed within 2 Meters of me! At Gato Island we saw: sleeping White Tip Sharks in a cave, Commensal Shrimps, Banded Pipe fish, Clown fish, Nudi etc. The night dive at the Light House was delightful. We saw the Mandarin fish mating, Sea Horses, Scorpion Fish etc! I will certainly return to Malapascua and Exotic Divers.

Heres the current dilemma - Do 4 dive days in Malapascua and 2 dive days in Moalboal or split them 3/3? I really want to see the thresher sharks but at the same time see the sardines in pescador. Any recommendations at this stage?

why not stay in malapascua til you see the treshers then move on to moalboal? better if you dont have a fixed sched.

Back
Top Bottom