Making a leash for empty stage/deco bottles: DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok...I have no idea what that means...lol
Just thinking you would be better off with cheaper training than the $15-20k you spent getting tech 3 when you don't agree with how GUE does things.

When and where did you take t3? This is all covered stuff, and the rear dring certainly isn't DIR (per the title of the thread).

Something isn't adding up here, mate. It might be the nitrox wrap, or the "o2", or a number of other things....

Sorry I'm not a super strict DIR type like ya'll. I'm very open minded when it comes to diving, and if something's not comfortable, I'll try different methods until it all feels more comfortable for me. As to the nitrox wrap, that's an old AL80 I used to dive with in my early days that I cleaned and converted to a stage, and the o2 is a clear marking of the contents of that particular cylinder, and it has a Halcyon "Oxygen 20" MOD decal on the other side of it. And the one with the EANx wrap has a MOD 70 decal on it as well, all in the right places...once again, sorry I'm not super strict about some of my methods...

Just thinking you would be better off with cheaper training than the $15-20k you spent getting tech 3 when you don't agree with how GUE does things.

You're probably right...but I do agree with most of what GUE teaches. I was told to take it by people that I dive with at the GA Aquarium. I'm a volunteer diver there and that's where I was introduced to DIR diving and how I found out about GUE in the first place. The other thing I have coming at me is USMC Combat Diver training too...that's a very outside the box bunch of ppl too.

Despite the OP being rather "generous" with his purported credentials...
Here's one of my leashes:

IMG00030-20101011-1833.jpg

I prefer double enders on mine. If the DE jams, its no biggie to slap another on the loop and not futz with a taking a bunch of tanks off individually.

I prefer double enders on mine. If the DE jams, its no biggie to slap another on the loop and not futz with a taking a bunch of tanks off individually.

See the smurf glove thread, I can't feel my thumbs nevermind screw around with double enders where I can't see them :D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom